TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What have I let myself in for?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 am 
650 cc Monster

After a year of resistance I have succumbed to signing up for the practice day at Endurokent on the 31st October.

I should never have encouraged my nephew to get a bike as he has pushed me into his so I'll blame him afterwards.
I have NO ambitions to race but after the Golding Barn MX day this summer I must admit that the idea of a day blatting (wimping/limping/tootling) round a track does appeal.

Anyone else on here going?

Post subject: Re: What have I let myself in for?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:59 pm 

Yes...You might well see me down there....You ever been before?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:33 pm 
650 cc Monster

No - I've watched about 20 minutes of a H+H and that's it.
Looking forward to it but with some trepidation.

May see you there - I'll be the one at the back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:11 pm 
50 cc

hi i am new to the trail scene. i was also thinking of giving the enduro kent ago, not to bothered which venue. could you put up afterwards what you thought of it and if you would go againn. would be a great help to see what other new b's think of the track.

have fun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
80 cc

If this is the track at Tunbridge Wells I went there a couple of months ago. The track was interesting and varied, some great challenging parts, lots of very tight twisty wooded sections, mud, roots, open fields, a good jump etc

Everyone there was very friendly, I cam off a few times and everyone going past stopped to check if I was ok.

The conditions were very poor when I attended - I rarely come off my bike off road at all and do ride at speed, on this course I lost the front end 5 times due to the incredibly slippery conditions. It had been a very hot dry summer followed by a few days of rain, meaning that the ground was rock hard under a half inch coating of very slippery mud. Didn't enjoy the conditions at all but on a better day condition wise (either dry and no mud or proper mud you can get your treads into) I reckon it'll be great.

Each lap was 5 miles - Exhausting!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:01 pm 
650 cc Monster

BigTobyD wrote:
If this is the track at Tunbridge Wells I went there a couple of months ago. The track was interesting and varied, some great challenging parts, lots of very tight twisty wooded sections, mud, roots, open fields, a good jump etc

Everyone there was very friendly, I cam off a few times and everyone going past stopped to check if I was ok.

The conditions were very poor when I attended - I rarely come off my bike off road at all and do ride at speed, on this course I lost the front end 5 times due to the incredibly slippery conditions. It had been a very hot dry summer followed by a few days of rain, meaning that the ground was rock hard under a half inch coating of very slippery mud. Didn't enjoy the conditions at all but on a better day condition wise (either dry and no mud or proper mud you can get your treads into) I reckon it'll be great.

Each lap was 5 miles - Exhausting!

That's making me feel really good :shock:
It's going to be a bit slimy I reckon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]