TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: a trip down through Spain
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm 
80 cc

So I finally got myself, what I hope will be, a good off tarmac and off the beaten track all rounder. Im hoping that I can still get it up most of the lanes in Devon, havent tried it yet though, and tour it next year on a bit of an adventure holiday. A BMW G650X

To test my theory Im thinking of a trip down through Spain before the Autumn sets in. From Santander/Bilbao to Alacante. So this is a request for information to anyone who has off roaded in Spain and can help me with route planning, their experiences with farmers and or the law.

Also to anyone out there with tran-slaps or any other mid range tourer that wants to get it dirty. Im open to anyone joining in for any part of the trip, the more the merrier.

Post subject: Re: a trip down through Spain
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 pm 
50 cc

Hey Rich,

try taking a look at the HUBB forums here! They have a section for European trips and they have an offroad trip going on down in the eastern Pyrenees right now called the HUMM so you should be able to get some pretty current info from people getting back. They also have a search function that I've been using to plan for a similiar trip next spring.

cheers
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:21 pm 
50 cc

Hi Rich

When are you thinking to go? I have in mind to do something similar, ride the North of Spain off the tarmac.

Roberto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:40 pm 
Hi Rich
I have some routes around Andorra and the Southern Pyrenees if you're going that far East. I'm up for an evening out on my BMW if you fancy a try out of the new toy and a chat.

Cheers, Rob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 pm 
80 cc

Cheers Mark, I’ll give it another look.

Hi Roberto I’m not sure of the dates yet, either between the 11th August to the 1st of September or anytime after the 25th of September, flexible on the dates. If you wanted to do a route with me that would be great. If so we could meet for a pint and look at the map and see what’s what.

Hi Snafu, what beemer have you got? I’ve got free time in the week and evenings except Wednesdays, so yes I ride sounds good. Don’t think I’ll get as far as Andorra this time but that may change so might ask you again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:56 pm 
Hi Rich
I've got a 650 Dakar which is much abused. Hampster has just bought a Dominator so I reckon we should string a ride a across the moors one evening. Will post it up on here and see if we get any other takers.

Cheers, Rob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 am 
80 cc

OK sounds good, I'm free most evenings except Wednesdays.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]