TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Police Targetting Bikers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:14 pm 
200 cc

I have read in many places about how the police have been targetting bikes for all sorts of reasons.Have greenlaners had more than there share of 'tugs' or have we as a group been spared the 'speed gun crazy' upholders of the law??

I have a few friends who have been stopped for speeding recently,& they have now decided to take up my offer of showing them what green laning is all about by taking them out for a day.Luckily I have a good group of friends in the Kent group who would also help out with this idea of try before you buy.

Post subject: Re: Police Targetting Bikers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:34 pm 
I have been stopped a couple of time, in both cases the local police were very very good, as they saw I was legal, had the correct docs (licence, insurance...etc), an O/S maps, with BOAT's marked. They told me about a couple of flooded bit only my routes, which I appreciated.... All in all good people, stay legal and you have nothing to worry about

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 am 

I am glad the Police are out there stopping people on bikes. I was stopped on my KTM and I must say it was nice to know that Police do stop people on off roaders. I have had a bike stolen from me a few months back so it shows me that they are out there stopping people. If you are legal you have nothing to worry about. I was out with a friend last week and three(3) young lads hammered past us on this byway not one of them had a number plate. Its them sort of people that give trial riders a bad name. Idiots like them just ruin byways. But then again if the police are out stopping people then they will come across them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:46 pm 
200 cc

I've been stopped easily double figures this year on the dirtbike. Once on the sportsbike and twice on the tourer.

The minute the cops see a dirtbike they're interested. Bit unfortunate.

I got one of the more amusing stops on video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bwPvd4G8Qk

The annoying thing is on my bike if I ride with a full sized plate when I drop it, the plate often breaks. So that's often tugworthy (even though I've now taken to having the full sized plate on the back of my rucksack).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:42 pm 
200 cc

I've been stopped twice by the police in 16 years of riding on the roads, and not once in 4 years on the trails.
Must be doing something wrong. :|

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:10 pm 
200 cc

AdamA wrote:

No, I do stand out like a big orange nutcase.

But honestly no, never doing anything wrong (besides the small plate) here in East Sussex we don't have many lanes, so a lot of road work can be involved. I don't have a van.

Perhaps that's it.

If you think the police don't pick on certain types of motorists you're misguided. They directly say so in the police shows, and it makes sense, doesn't it?

Chances of a crim driving in a nice car are less than those riding in beat up bangers (according to what the copper said in one of those police camera action type shows).

Plenty of kids ride untaxed uninsured bikes offroad so the fact they pulled me over, although annoying makes sense also.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:16 pm 
80 cc

Sven wrote:
I've been stopped easily double figures this year on the dirtbike. Once on the sportsbike and twice on the tourer.

I got one of the more amusing stops on video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bwPvd4G8Qk

The annoying thing is on my bike if I ride with a full sized plate when I drop it, the plate often breaks. So that's often tugworthy (even though I've now taken to having the full sized plate on the back of my rucksack).

Hey Sven thats so like a Dom Jolly type sketch lol.

Are you Dom Jolly??????

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 pm 
200 cc

Sven wrote:
AdamA wrote:

No, I do stand out like a big orange nutcase.

But honestly no, never doing anything wrong...

I meant I must be doing something wrong to not get pulled as it is so common...

Quote:
If you think the police don't pick on certain types of motorists you're misguided.

I don't think that, so don't go putting words in my mouth, there's a sweetheart. ;)

I just ride in a manner and location on a bike where it doesn't seem to ever affect me.

Your experience differs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:27 pm 
300 cc

Sven wrote:

What a hoot! Why didn't he do you for posession of an offensive motorcycle? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:51 am 
200 cc

AdamA wrote:
Quote:
If you think the police don't pick on certain types of motorists you're misguided.

I don't think that, so don't go putting words in my mouth, there's a sweetheart. ;)

I just ride in a manner and location on a bike where it doesn't seem to ever affect me.

Your experience differs.

Words in your mouth?

Gosh sorry I was grumpy mcgrump face last night. I apologise that looks....rather rude this morning.

Anyway, on this occasion the truth hurts it's a true statement unfortunately. Also if it matters I always ride with a camera strapped to my helmet. This *always* attracts police attention.

"You're going to get pulled a lot more with that on your helmet"

gee that makes sense officer? Wasn't aware recording made me a criminal? If everyone did what I did them traffic twits would almost be out of a job, I record (on the road) for the same reasons they do.

</minirant>

Anyway it's 4:30am, the weather is filthy and I can't sleep. I realised I have a lovely dirtbike sat in the garage doing nothing, see you in 8 hours internet!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next