TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: the best priced green lane cameras?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 am 
80 cc

Hi all,
I was wondering what cameras you all use to film rides. I currently have a cheap qumox camera the only trouble is I have have to take my helmet off all the time to stop/start recording. Are there any cheaper ones with a remote that mount to the helmet that are recommended?

Post subject: Re: the best priced green lane cameras?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:56 am 
300 cc

No helmet mounted cameras are recommended.

The ACU banned them from all events last year as they are considered dangerous and can cause serious injuries on a crash or by being snagged on a branch etc.

I understand this was based on the results after micheal Schumachers go pro punctured his helmet and caused serious brain injuries due to the concentrated area of impact. Also in any crash where your head hits the ground a go helmet mounted camera can cause serious rotation of the head/neck and subsequent serious injury as a result.

Helmet manufacturers also advise not to apply any stickers or adhesive to your lid as it can weaken its construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:05 pm 
300 cc

Innovv C3 small waterproof lens unit, comes with a variety of mounts, on bike I use velcro helmet mount so will pull of if snagged, one cable to recorder unit in jacket pocket so easy to turn on and off without disturbing camera. It can also be used as dash cam and can be set to auto loop record when powered on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:49 pm 
400 cc

Drift HD 170
Mounted in a bit of lengthways cut plastic pipe and attached with the side visor screw,via a hole in the cut pipe.
Been using it like that for years and works well.
Remote velcro strap on handlebars and another one around the helmet.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 pm 
50 cc

I'm happy with the GoPro Session mounted under the visor. I would post a picture but "IMG is off" apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 am 
125cc

Drift ghost for me, mounted on the side of lid with a sticky pad that is supplied with said item, remote on/off

Never had an issue with being pulled off even in the toughest overgrown Devon lanes, i don't race i ain't a member of the ACU neither, certainly ain't no Micheal Schumacher :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]