TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Decat system
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:54 pm 
80 cc

Can anyone recommend anyone to do a remap on a Ktm 690 duke
In the Manchester area!

Post subject: Re: Decat system
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:59 pm 
80 cc

The bike is running lean with the new pipe,I've been told to get a power commander to sort the problem.
Anyone had similar problems?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm 
80 cc

ifferent Bike (BMW 450), but I have just ordered a power commander and an autotune module to solve lean running especially on the low end, bloody lots of dosh compared to just fiddling with jets and needles in the good old days eh.

Unfortunately I won't get it for a fortnight so can't give my opinion yet but reports from others are positive, from what I have read they are probably the easiest method of mapping the ecu yourself if you don't want to take it to a tuner and have them dyno it and make you a custom map.

Another alternative worth considering is TuneECU http://www.tuneecu.com/ , which has some good reports from users and is much cheaper (basicly you just need the right lead made up and install the software), but the website is a bit technical and hard to understand, might suit you if you are a tinkerer
Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 pm 
80 cc

You don't necessarily NEED a power commander. Depending on the year of your bike and how comfortable you are with computers, you can self-load the proper map using www.tuneecu.com and the correct cable. For example, Ktm has an ECU map that is designed for customers who buy the power parts tuning kit stage 1 or 2 for your bike and the tuneECU site has those maps plus other custom maps created by other tuneECU users. Go to the tuneECU site and read through it then decide if loading a new map is something you can do (it's quite easy actually and I'm a Luddite)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]