TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: DEVON TRF MEMBER CHRIS CORK RIDING 2015 DAKAR RALLY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:30 pm 
80 cc

DEVON TRF MEMBER CHRIS CORK RIDING 2015 DAKAR RALLY

He's a privateer who's sold his house to fulfill his dream. Please make a donation to Chris's charity that he's riding for:

http://www.trfdevon.org.uk/events.html

For many, the dream of doing the Dakar is worth many sacrifices. For Chris Cork it was worth his house. The builder from Devon grew up watching the Dakar never actually thinking he could be on it. But his passion for rallying eventually took him to consider the summit of off road racing. And once he was decided, with the thumbs up from the « misses », he prepared intensively, training with former Dakar rider James West in Dubai, and going on to sell his house for budget reasons.

Corky will be on the Dakar with the goal to finish. His other objective is to raise money and awareness for the Children's Hospice South West. Another good reason to support Chris Cork. The Dakar is something that I watched as a kid. I grew up with it but never thought I could do it. After I started racing, I went to do the Touareg Rally and that got me hooked. I just had to do the biggest of all rallies. I spoke to my wife about it. We eventually had to sell our house. After all, you only live once. Basically my Dakar project started two years ago. My goal now is just to finish it. What I love about such an event, is that you find your inner strength. You find your limits by digging deep.

I have no real issues with sand and dunes. I trained in Dubai with James West so I feel ready. What worries me are the cars and trucks overtaking. On the Dakar, I'll be raising money for a local children hospice (Children's Hospice South West) and will carry their logo on my bike and jacket. After all, the Dakar is a pretty selfish event for a privateer. It makes me feel better to fight for something.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5H03P8IgAAV548.jpg

Post subject: Re: DEVON TRF MEMBER CHRIS CORK RIDING 2015 DAKAR RALLY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:14 pm 
200 cc

I have just finished watching the dakar after recording it on sky, WOW £50,000 to ride 3 weeks non stop. The scenery was out of this world and to experience some thing like that would be amazing, wish I had the guts to sell my house or even have the money to throw down I would be there in a flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:36 am 
300 cc

I believe that he had to retire early on due to injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:41 am 
300 cc

Broken hand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:15 am 
200 cc

Aww what a bummer I thort I didn't see him, hope he makes next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:36 pm 
300 cc

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as Corky is racing the Dakar again in 2016, let's hope he makes it this time

http://corkydakar2016.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk No Byways were harmed in the making of this blog!

2006 KTM 450 Rally
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Honda CB500X

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]