TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Corinium Enduro 2014
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:51 am 
80 cc

Up early and away for a long drive to Cirencester and may I say a very very well organised event a lot of experienced riders on orange and other branded bikes even a hand built Vor !!! but sorry to say it didn't last the pace :emot69: Our Boys come well prepared well I think so :emot65: The two AJPs were presented well and Dude couldn't of done anymore to prepare the bikes Ciaron Jones 159 on the AJP Enduro 250 knew what to expect and was well up for the challenge giving as much advice to the young Blain Baldwin 160 on the AJP 200 Enduro who was none the wiser listening but to much to take in for his very first Enduro but just wanted to get in the saddle and ride, The Start drew closer and were the last two to leave and away they went as they disappeared in to the forest route it was a waiting game for us at the pits anyway after 50 minutes ciaron came in with a big grin 3 minutes after Blain followed both within the allotted time and quite a few bikes behind them both refuelled bikes and themselves and then away they went again we waited and at around 50 minutes again Ciaron came in again and again Blain just a little behind but by all accounts they were both doing exceptionally well the bikes were fine except Blain came in to the pits at the end of the second lap with a puncture it was all hell let lose then :emot69: :emot110: Ciaron had to leave for his final lap and unfortunately Blain had to wait until the puncture was repaired anyway he got away 9 minutes after his time but all was well Team Manager well happy and a few positive comments made how well the bikes were performing so when they returned to the first check point at the end of the third lap Ciaron was doing really well the bike with stood a small tumble but nothing major and away he went for his final section, as we all waited in anticipation For Blain The next minute he came out of the Forest he had certainly not messed around but I knew he was physically Knackered but we just told him he was on the last section and he would be finished in around 25 minutes we all gave him some encouragement and off he went. We went over to the finish and it was not long before Ciaron came in well happy with his performance and the performance of the bike after having a talk with the Team Manager all eyes were waiting for the young lad to come up out of the Forest and here he came and he had gave his all including clawing some time back , on a snoppy note if I can guys I was so proud of him he came in to this race as a 17 year old first time Enduro Race but I think he came out of it as another big learning curve so all you guys that have had the time to ride with him on LFR RIDES,DC RIDES ,AND OUR OWN TRAIL RIDES a big thanks. I would like to congratulate the RJR [AJP] Team for a memorable day and if this is the start of things to come WATCH THIS SPACE :emot132: :emot132: :emot132: Thanks Jordan for your help taking pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTxRXVokoOg

Post subject: Re: Corinium Enduro 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:41 pm 
650 cc Monster

Well done to your son and his team-mate...proves its all about the rider and that you don't need 40 bhp in a trail (or even an enduro) bike.

In fact, I think that event is trials tyres...so power would be more of a handicap than a help in many situations.

It's a lovely venue...have ridden there loads with the Gloucs TRF course-marking for the horses.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]