TRF Forums

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 2010 Rallys.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 pm 
125cc

Tarenig 9th may 2010 http://www.hafrendbc.co.uk/
12th & 13th June - Kielder 2 Day Rally http://www.enduro-neec.org.uk/
24/25th June - Welsh 2 Day Enduro- Mid Wales Centre (Apparently this is a good crack.)
3rd & 4th July - Ryedale 2 Day Rally - UK Rally Championship - Yorkshire Enduro Club http://www.enduro-neec.org.uk/
21/22nd August - Beacons 2-day Rally - WTRA - Crychan Forest http://www.enduronews.com/clubs/wtra.htm
10th October - Hafren Rally - Hafren DBC
16/17th October - Cambrian Rally - Tywi Forest - WTRA

Thats about it i think. No mention of the Radnor anywhere which is a shame. August is going to be ropey for me but may manage either the Hafren or Cambrian (why do they put them so bloody close???).
Anyway, there you go.
Oh, theres the Dawn To Dusk which im doing again for sure. Not sure on dates yet http://dawntodusk.co.uk/

So, anyone else doing any?

Post subject: Re: 2010 Rallys.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm 
125cc

Some of the lads and lasses from West Yorks are doing these, not sure which ones though, but deffo, Ryedale and a few of the Welsh ones.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:05 pm 
300 cc

www.redmarley.com (easter sun/mon)

1955 ajs 350 single scrambler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:56 pm 
125cc

I'm doing the Rydale and hopefully the Hafren (need to be super nice to my Mrs Emma and take extra care of our new born boy, to earn the brownie points)..

If you only do one welsh event do the Hafren, last year it was belting and very varried terrain, the Cambrian got a little boaring the second day as it was mainly fire tracks and not enough to really challenge you. My mate Majesty (Ian) bust his leg up and is still not riding, a little too much red mist on the second day and he was full knacker on those firetracks!!!

I entered one enduro last year,I forget the name but it was around the same woods as the Rydale special test last year, Cropton!! it put me off enduro's for life, just one constant rut around the woods. I managed one lap and called it a day, I could hardly walk!!

If your doing the Rydale, there will be about 5-10 of us from the WYTRF, come and have a drink with us on Friday night, I'll be the one making all the daft comments and generally swearing!!

Coops

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm 
125cc

I've been promising myself to do the Hafren for about 4 years now - just may be it could be this year!!! :o

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 pm 
80 cc

Dirtlover2005 wrote:
I've been promising myself to do the Hafren for about 4 years now - just may be it could be this year!!! :o

Same here.
I would of liked to do more but a couple of dates just clash with other things.
The Beacons look favourable though.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:26 pm 
80 cc

can someone explain a bit of the difference of a rally to an enduro, i'm not quite sure, is it like a less extreme enduro? aimed more at bigger bikes. can you do it on a 250?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 pm 
125cc

swampy wrote:
can someone explain a bit of the difference of a rally to an enduro, i'm not quite sure, is it like a less extreme enduro? aimed more at bigger bikes. can you do it on a 250?

That sums it up pretty well to be honest and yeah, a 250 is good to go, i do them on my 220 kwacker amongst others.
Youll find it a lot more fun but dont let people tell you its not competetive because they are, just as you say not as technical. There are a few bits that catch people out though which is always funny. :mrgreen:

Anyway, not doing so many rallies this year which is a shame. Doing the ACU XC series Hare and Hounds and hoping to do either Cambrian or Hafren but my wife is pregnant and were selling our house, buying a new one etc etc so its a bit hard to commit to anything.
I always like the 2 dayers myself with the camping etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:33 pm 
80 cc

i used to want to do enduros till, i went to a practise track and it put me off, i just didn't enjoy myself, think i will prefer the fast flowing rally, thems the trails i like. might give a rally a go

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:27 pm 
80 cc

Dirtlover2005 wrote:

Not anymore matey, it's cancelled, see here for a full list of rallies and LDT's

http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next