TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Are the government scamming me?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:13 pm 
300 cc

Meanwhile, bypassing Bennetts and emailing the insurer directly:

Dear Mr Kendall,
I have investigated the circumstances and discovered that your policy was processed on to our system but was subsequently over-written electronically with different details; at this stage I am not able to determine why this occurred but it is still being looked into.
Our Motorcycle team have corrected your policy and your vehicles are now on the MID.
I have been in contact with the DVLA CIE Enforcement team and requested your fixed penalty notice be revoked.
I will advise you as soon as I have any further information.
Regards,
Jill ---------- Dip CII
Operations Co-ordinator | KGM Motor Insurance – Member of the Canopius Group
KGM House | 14 Eastwood Close | South Woodford | London | E18 1RZ
D +44 (0) 20 8530 1842 | www.kgminsurance.co.uk | www.canopius.com

To: KGM Enquiries
Subject: URGENT: MIB Database pending action

Without Prejudice.

I have been trying without success to have the vehicles covered on the policy xxxxxxx purchased through Bennetts Insurance added to the MiB database since May 2013. Despite numerous request both yourselves, Bennetts and the MiB have succeeded in being negligent in updating the database.

I have received fixed penalty notices from the DVLA which I have appealed sending copies of my certificate and statements in an attempt to explain I have valid insurance and have made all reasonable efforts to through my broker to get the MiD database corrected. Obtusely this appeal has been rejected on the ground there is no valid insurance shown on the MiD database.

It would appear I have no recourse other than to refuse the fixed penalty notice and go to court to prove no offense has been committed, as I meet the requirement of Section 22 of the Road Safety act 2006 in having valid insurance and a certificate the show both myself as registered keeper and the vehicle in question as insured.

Of course defending myself because of what I see as at least in part your negligence leads me to conclude; I have reasonable grounds for complaint to the insurance ombudsmen; and grounds for redress for the damages caused to me through the courts.

A simpler solution, would be form someone in your organization to take urgent responsibility for this issue, contact the administrators of the MIB database get the appropriate records added. Then contact the DVLA (Ref xxxxxxxx) and inform them I have valid insurance.

Sincerely

AK - CAMBS TRF
CCM404E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 pm 
650 cc Monster

There's a potential problem with this in that if the police 'catch' you riding/driving a vehicle which isn't on the database for whatever reason they seize it, and you have to pay to get it back etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:34 pm 
400 cc

Carefully check the reg number:

I had this issue and when I looked carefully at the insurance docs they had put an E in the reg instead of F.

Pete

Post subject: Off the Hook.......
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 pm 
300 cc

So I'm off the hook.... and Bennetts don' just p155 their customers off apparently!

Dear Mr Kendall,
I have heard back from the DVLA CIE team and they say they are happy with the information supplied and will close the case accordingly. I assume you will receive written confirmation of this in due course from the DVLA.

I am still looking into why your policy was over-written and I need to request electronic records from our IT people to determine at what stage the error occurred.

From October we suspended our trading relationship with Bennetts; existing policies will continue to be serviced until their renewal date and our relationship with Bennetts will cease in October 2014.
Regards

Given the insurers have sorted this quickly and efficiently I am inclined to ask who they do do business with as if they are fronted by a decent brokerage they seem all right!

AK - CAMBS TRF
CCM404E

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2