TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wanting to Know where to ride
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 pm 
50 cc

Hi just bought myself a bike and so has my mate we have both rode off road bikes but want to get into trail riding and we basically want to know a good route in Nottinghamshire Derbyshire we can ride I have bought a 125exc and my friend has a new crf450. Could anyone please help me with a route as we want to go out Sunday but haven't a clue where to ride
Cheers Paul

Post subject: Re: Wanting to Know where to ride
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:39 am 
80 cc

You would do well to get a landranger map of the area, & look for byways on it, there is a 'key' on the map which will tell you what the marking is for a byway, there are maps on line to look at too.
Neither is definitive, as byway status can and does change.
It all sounds very difficult, but in reality a small effort well worth undertaking. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:10 am 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Paul,

Welcome from the Manchester Group, we often ride in the Peak District (and other areas too) and you would be welcome to join us.

Your best bet is to forget about just using a map because they are historical documents and can be out of date :o . You need to join the TRF and get yourselves along to your nearest Group, they are all listed on the TRF home page, top right of the screen under the heading Groups. Part of the screen is off limits to non members. The Manchester Group offer new riders the opportunity to 'try out' a ride to see if they enjoy the sport and then if they want to come again they must join the TRF, £45.00, and the Group for a nominal extra £10.00, cheaper than a fine for using the wrong lanes and less likely to get hurt :roll: .

All of our rides are posted up on this website so that everybody can ask to get on a ride.

Hope this helps and look forward to meeting you out there sometime soon :)

Hugh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:22 am 

Hello and welcome from Sussex.

I joined the TRF and gained access to the members boards and arranged ride outs from there.

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:25 pm 

Welcome Paul. Join up get involved!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:07 am 
650 cc Monster

Best £45 iv spent met some really nice people and learnt so so much about bikes and legal status of trails,

We are currently losing trails all over the UK we aim stop this happening thats what the membership is for it goes into the fighting fund and we fight to keep trails open.

:)

Ktm250exc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]