TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: From CCM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 pm 
650 cc Monster

Nothing to do with me...I don't work for CCM

Following a program of successful customer rides, Bolton based motorcycle manufacturer CCM is set to reveal the production ready GP450 Adventure at this year’s Motorcycle Live.

Designed and built in the UK, the new GP450 is unique in being the only mid-range adventure bike geared up for long distance travel straight out of the crate. The bike boasts a long-range tank, a durable 30KW engine previously seen in the BMW G450 and a host of accessories, including a soft-luggage and hard luggage option and a low-seat, low suspension option.

The bike is expected to appeal to riders wanting something more manageable offroad than the large capacity adventure bikes made popular by the exploits of Ewan McGreggor and Charlie Boreman in their Long Way Round series. The low seat option and light weight of only 135kilos is also expected to make the GP450 a hit with female riders, as well as those craving more off-road ability from their adventure bike whilst visiting the unmarked terrain of places like Morocco, Pyrenees or the Swiss Alps.

Director of CCM Austin Clews explains, ‘For a long time the trend in the adventure sector has been for the bikes to get bigger and heavier year on year. We saw that not everyone wants that and so have designed and built an adventure bike that can be used and ridden in difficult conditions without the fear of dropping it and not being able to pick it up. It will also cruise on the motorway and even prove ideal on the daily commute.’

The Bond-Liteframe is a unique asset to the GP450 Adventure bike, setting it aside from other manufactures. The frame is made up of 13 forged aluminium components, CNC precision machined and bonded together using aerospace technology, CCM are the first motorcycle manufacturer to use this technique to achieve a lightweight chassis with consistent flex and stress properties, leading the way with the new lightweight revolution.

In recent months the team has been busy showcasing the bike to prospective buyers and journalists, working with them to improve and refine the product ahead of its launch at the annual bike show in Birmingham, the biggest in the UK.

Clews explains; ‘We really listened to what people had to say about the seat height and the luggage system, going back to the drawing board and redesigning things if necessary. It’s a unique approach we’ve taken with the design and build of this bike and we really hope the pay-off is a bike that will appeal to those riders currently frustrated by the choice of bikes available to them.’

The GP450 Adventure is set to cost £7,995, a price that is great value when taking into consideration the quality OEM equipment fitted as standard.
There is a whole host of useful quality lightweight accessories available with the bike to create a complete package any “Adventurer” would want to start their GP450 journey.

CCM are currently taking pre-orders before the show and have a special NEC offer. With any GP450 Adventure ordered, the customer receives goodies worth £500 including a £250 voucher towards any aftermarket accessory. Test rides on the production models will be run during the NEC show.

*NEC offer ends on the last day of the Motorcycle live show. It includes all customers that have already preordered a GP450 Adventure and any orders taken at the show.

Post subject: Re: From CCM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:03 pm 

I read about this in Bike mag- plus being an ex CCM owner.

They said the prototype was excellent but was not sure how the final product would end up with budget restraints etc

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm 

Hopefully it won't look like that photo red, Yuk!

I don't like that at all sorry. Looks like an Aprillia Pegaso. IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:24 pm 
200 cc

I quite like it but I'm sure the price is £7-8,000. Not that that's necessarily an unfair price, just well out of my budget hence buying a CRF250L.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:18 pm 
300 cc

If you're going to go round the world buy a secondhand Enfield and spend the change on petrol and sarnies!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:25 pm 
650 cc Monster

Anyone remember STREETHAWK...?..they need to raise that front mudguard.....won't look too bad then...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:35 pm 
125cc

Like the idea. No pillion facilities to give ride to helpful locals. Always a good thing to be able to offer in 3rd world or even 1st! Love the comment by 300 cc re Enfield and sarnies !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 pm 
200 cc

Oh, yeah, that mudguard is not good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:48 pm 
400 cc

I do wish CCM well but...

I had a G450X which is the same engine in this CCM.

I had the G450X for 2 years..

In that time it:

1) Spat me off breaking my collar bone.

2) Dropped a valve, costing me about £600 in repairs (and that was parts, I did the rebuild)

3) Annoyed me because the 5 speed box was a pain in the arse

4) And also annoyed me because the clutch is cable and makes it feel like your operating a lawnmower and not a ultra modern Enduro bike.

Maybe I cant blame 1) on the engine....or can i ? It rotates backwards and made the bike handle, umm, odd to be honest.

Maybe I was unlucky with the dropped valve? All I know is I take good care of my kit and it had plenty of fresh oil. One thing that really annoyed be is the the dropped valve broke the valve guide, you cant change the guides on this engine so the head was scrap and I had to get a new one for about £300. Most bikes can have the valve guides changed for not much money.

The coaxial sprocket did make the chain last well though. Good job as it a f&cking pain to change :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:08 pm 
650 cc Monster

Ha,ha....you ain't sellin it to me...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next