TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS......
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 am 
125cc

Looks a crackin buy 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:37 pm 
80 cc

Cheers Andy I've got the workshop manual.

If anyone knows of a flywheel for a 91-93 DR 350 that would help, the magnets on the one in situ have been touching the the stator :o , at some point the flywheel got deformed. It still runs but clearly that needs attention, so its waiting for a replacement.

The whole ignition system on the 350 has to be tip top, if it is kick starting is easy, cold or hot. I've replaced the CDI, alternator/stator (cheaply but good spares) and next up is the flywheel. I've found one in the States, very clean for 25 US, but its a bit weighty and the postage is twice that............

Everything else seems fine, I figure if I can get her in tip top shape for around £850 (inc purchase price natch ;) I'll be hap[py with that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 pm 
300 cc

try dickspanner on here, also on tbm forum, he has an old engine he may sell
saint nick wrote:
Cheers Andy I've got the workshop manual.

If anyone knows of a flywheel for a 91-93 DR 350 that would help, the magnets on the one in situ have been touching the the stator :o , at some point the flywheel got deformed. It still runs but clearly that needs attention, so its waiting for a replacement.

The whole ignition system on the 350 has to be tip top, if it is kick starting is easy, cold or hot. I've replaced the CDI, alternator/stator (cheaply but good spares) and next up is the flywheel. I've found one in the States, very clean for 25 US, but its a bit weighty and the postage is twice that............

Everything else seems fine, I figure if I can get her in tip top shape for around £850 (inc purchase price natch ;) I'll be hap[py with that.

1955 ajs 350 single scrambler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm 
80 cc

andymac wrote:
try dickspanner on here, also on tbm forum, he has an old engine he may sell

I'll give him a shout when I can send a PM, a little local difficulty at the mo ;)

Got the flywheel, replaced most of the ignition components, everything checks out on the meter and still a crap spark.

You can bump it cold, and once warm she starts more readily but the spark is poor and infrequent when you check it at the HT.

We've got a new pulsar rotor, coils, used Cdi which checks out on the meter, there must be a logical explanation but right now we're stumped.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2