TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 am 
50 cc

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a WR125R which i will be probably riding on L plates till i take the full test (direct access as im 23) after christmas. I used to ride motocross (CR's) but gave it up when i went to uni. Now im back and got a job i want to start trailing. Is there anybody on here from the Derbyshire/South Yorkshire group if so if i do go ahead with the bike would there be anybody to show me the ropes e.g picking trails off maps, the law etc.
I have been doing some research online but still abit confused. As i will be on L plates for the first few months i will be willing to meet people near or at the trail so im not such a hassle (no motoways)

Thanks in advance

Ben Cooper

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:05 pm 
125cc

Hi Ben- I'm not in your area but saw you've no had a reply yet - if you don't, get in touch with you local group contact which i've pasted below. I think there are loads of guys doing trail riding in your area so you'll have no probs finding some guys to take you on. I only started a year ago too, and was on L plates, I've got a Yamaha DT125R, which is a sound solid bike, I love mine, so don't rule it out if you see a bargain.

Derbyshire and South Yorkshire
Group Meeting Location : The Angel Hotel, Sprinkhill, Eckington, Nr Chesterfield, Derbyshire
2nd Tuesday 8.30pm
Email : mickellison@tenchiryu.freeserve.co.uk

Steven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:11 pm 
300 cc

Hello Ben :)

Only just seen this post :roll:

Hopefully will not be long before I get another bike, will be more than happy to show you around. Let me know when have got your membership sorted :)

Regards

Mick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 am 
200 cc

Hi Ben.

Go to WH Smiths and have a look at the OS maps of your area.The Landranger ones are the better ones as they show sufficient detail over a wider area than the smaller area orange ones.

There is a link on this forum somewhere of a place that does OS maps cheaper than WHSmiths,but at least you can get an idea of which ones that you want to buy before ordering.

DT125s are a great little bike.One of our young lady members has one that she really enjoys,rather than the DRZ400 that she had ridden previously.She enjoys the lighter weight of the bike over the DRZ,and has been an ideal do-it-all bike.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]