TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: where to go
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:43 pm 
50 cc

hey guys i live in maidenhead berksire there are lots of horses so gotta be bridleways somewhere how do i find them or even better is there anyone from my area to show me

Post subject: Re: where to go
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 pm 
harris wrote:
hey guys i live in maidenhead berksire there are lots of horses so gotta be bridleways somewhere how do i find them or even better is there anyone from my area to show me

Please let this be a wind up...........

I think you need to join your local TRF group, they will explain where you can ride legally, which will save you getting your bike seized by the police :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:52 pm 
50 cc

oops just reading legal stuff on trf website after that post, so bridleways are not the way to go then lol soz about that and gunna start reading all laws and stuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:40 pm 
Yup, look for Byways.... Buy an os map (1:50000 scale) look for the +-+-+-+-+- marks, they are byways. Then when you get the look for TRO (temp restriction orders) signs.....

I would advise riding alone, if you come off & break something (either bike or yourself) you may be in trouble....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:16 pm 

aceboy wrote:
I would advise riding alone

And this from someone whose motto is "On the lanes, no-one can hear you scream". Small typo there methinks :D

As you're posting in the public section, you probably aren't a full member, but joining up should allow you to get the local RoW officer to help you mark up maps with valid local lanes. That way, you'll know where is legitimate to ride and where isn't - for instance, it's not all BOATs: there are UUCRs and ORPAS to consider as well, but knowing which are usable and which aren't is a minefield.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:21 am 
Womble wrote:
aceboy wrote:
I would advise riding alone

And this from someone whose motto is "On the lanes, no-one can hear you scream". Small typo there methinks :D

Whoops :oops: u r corekt thr woz a tipo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:49 pm 
50 cc

looks like i will have to go to the meeting in reading that the trf have then but if anyone in my area wants to show me a lane or take me out i would be more than grateful

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm 
50 cc

oh and will be joining will have to print stuff off and send off as no paypal got baned for cos they have some adult entertainment policy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:36 pm 
80 cc

harris buddy, your posts make my smile everytime. There is a very good Moto x track called ashdowns, its near Didcot, well worth a visit, they do race meetings and practice days. It has hills and a wooded section.
there is also a very long green lane behind it....the ridgeway....google it, its quite famous.
best of luck.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]