TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: items for sale..
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 am 
125cc

hello fellas.. im just wondering if there is a place you can post items for sale, i have a xr 400 for sale, spares or repair.. and im wanting to put it up for sale on here, i have tried to put it on , on the trf home page, but i think it would be good to put things up for sale in the forum, can anyone of the organisers of this forum put a place on here were we can sell items... hope there is a few other people on here who agree with me on this... please leave me a message if you do... and hopefully someone will be able to help...
thank you... john ;) ;) ;) ;)

Post subject: Re: items for sale..
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:31 pm 

Hi John,
the classifieds bit of the website is intended for that:

http://www.trf.org.uk/classifieds/for-sale.html

Quote:
If you have an Item For Sale or Wanted or Accommodation Available

Please submit the details to it@trf.org.uk along with your membership number and contact details and we can list it in the Classifieds Section

is that what you meant when you said you'd tried to put it on the homepage? Are you awaiting a response to that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
125cc

yes mate, ive put a advert on there but it still hasnt gone on,its a xr 400 on a 2000 reg, would it not be a better method to put a active topic so you can post your items for sale,not trying to tell you your job mate, just a sugestion, i put the xr on this morning, its still not on.. :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 pm 
80 cc

I had the same problem 6 weeks ago, sold bike now :D but there may be some sort of problem here :( .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi J.D and ntc,

Can you both confirm what you did with your adverts, as I can find no record of them at my end.

The problem with a section on the forum is that it would only be available to members in the members area, but that means it will only be visible to TRF members. Using the Website means we can offer the service to members but the advert is visible to all who visit. A much larger audience.

I usually manage to put the ads on the same day or next day, so if it does not go up, then I probably have not received the email.

I will await your confirmation of what process you each used and I will investigate.

Regards

Simon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 pm 
80 cc

Hi Simon

I dug out the e-mail I sent you on the 17th June 09 and re-sent it to you, maybe you deleted it as spam?....

hope this will help.

Regards

Norman
NTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:06 pm 
125cc

hi, i tried to advertise my xr 400, for some reason it did not work, i set up a email ect and when i sent it to you it told me this end that message was sent, , i no you say that there is abigger audiance but if it was put in, a for sale form, then members would have first shout, :D :D which isnt a bad thing, i dont no what ive done with the email for my xr but something has gone wrong somewere,, prob me but it could be made a bit easyer for us dumb wits, :lol: :lol: anyway ,, my bike has been sold now, it went cheep so could of been good for the members... thank you anyway... john ;) ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]