TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: wiring, inspections and road registering a drz
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:54 am 
50 cc

Hello, in need of a little guidance.

I have just brought a drz400e (great) but it's not beed registered (doh!).
How do i go about getting it registered? ive heard that it must be inspected to a much stricter set of rules than just an MOT if its newly registered, is this true?. Now ive read through some of the other questions on the forum so think im ok... ish... with what i do need and dont need for an MOT, only problem is, is that im wanting to put lights on so this makes life a little more complicated. Having never wired up lights before but wanting to do it myself to keep costs to a minimum i was wondering if anyone may have any pointers? or circuit diagrams? has anyone wired up the lights on a drz to do the same as what im doing?

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: wiring, inspections and road registering a drz
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm 
80 cc

The DRZ-e should have come with a fixed beam headlight and a LED tail light as std. I would sugest getting hold of a clymer Manual (like haynes but a lot better) as these have excellent wiring diagrams. If you want dipping headlights etc use switch gear from a DRZ-s. It should all be pretty straight forward.

As for initial testing I dont think its very difficult.

A think the DRZ will fit into the exempt from MSVA under the Enduro clasification.

check out this link

http://www.dvtani.gov.uk/vehicletesting/msvafaqs.asp#15

If your in the east mids area I may be able to assist as I wired up my DRZ for road use

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]