TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: East Yorks Group - DETAILS STILL OUT OF DATE
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:44 pm 
400 cc

Why hasn't the website been updated to reflect the changes which took place in the East Yorks section months ago? Even "Trail" magazine has been updated now!

Come on guys, we could be missing out on members all the time we continue to send people to The Plough at Snaith for that welcome from the "Not the TRF Group"

Last edited by Mag on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: East Yorks Group - venue and Rep change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am 
400 cc

Well another month goes by and the information is STILL wrong on the East Yorks Group.

I assume that we have enough members already and are quite happy to send any prospective members to the wrong venue, in the wrong town on the wrong night??

Come on FFS - how hard can it be to change an address, a date and an e-mail?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm 

One thing that the forums seems to be lacking is an "OI!" section that is guaranteed to be read and actioned, or a team of moderators that will scan the forum looking for requests such as this (requests are currently being made for volunteer moderators). Looking at the title of your post, I thought that you were announcing the change, and not requesting an update (I only read it as it was the only recent post on the board and I was feeling nosy) - if you want something to be read, it might well help if that is obvious from the thread title as well as in the posting.

In the meantime, could you please consider sending a PM or an email to someone like Polly Cody, outlining the problem. Alternatively, try emailing it@trf.org.uk, the email address for website issues.

By the way, I'm not a moderator for the site, I'm just suggesting some ideas that can hopefully work around the issue. Please don't blame the TRF for any inaccuracies or idiocies in my suggestions above!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 pm 
400 cc

Polly was informed over three months ago and has had the information corrected in TRAIL, but who is doing it on here?

I have already volunteered to assist with moderating too.

Point taken about thread title though - now changed.

Post subject: Re: East Yorks Group - DETAILS STILL OUT OF DATE
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

I've updated the East Yorks listing with the details from Trail. There is no email address in Trail, if you let me know which one to use I will update it. Trust me when I say I wish the site was kept more up to date than it is. I'm not sure what the moderator's situation is.

Mag, I didn't know you (or anyone) had volunteered to moderate, could you drop me a line at web@trf.org.uk please and we can discuss this.

Post subject: Re: East Yorks Group - DETAILS STILL OUT OF DATE
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm 

I'm a bit confused as I've volunteered twice now, but I'm not taking it personally :?

If you want help, I'm happy to muck in :geek:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]