TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: green laning
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:26 pm 
Following Mag's queries about quad-riding members, I've been writing a RoW column for Quad magazine for a few months now and before starting it I got chapter and verse from TRF head Honcho Andy Gerrard that quadsters are welcome as TRF members.

However it must be said that response to the column has included complaints that quad-riders who've recently joined the TRF (some apparently as a result of said column), have not been made welcome and even ridiculed by their local groups at meetings and ride-outs. Which I find very sad and, indeed, counter-productive: the TRF needs all the support it can get in its battles to keep green-lanes open, and shunning the riders of low-impact quads is no way to do that.

Post subject: Re: green laning
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 pm 
400 cc

Not being made welcome is inexcusable but jocular ridicule is part and parcel of most trail rides I've ever been on! ;)

I for one am looking forward to taking the pee out of a quadster and then being proved wrong as he passes my upturned bike and my sweating red face on a rocky climb somewhere :lol:

It's much the same as the TTR 250 rider bouncing merrily past the badly stuck Knighter wannabee on his 525 - all good fun!

I take your point about the need to make all types of rider welcome and we will certainly do so when John comes (hopefully) to the next meeting

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2