TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fitting Tubliss Gen 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:06 pm 
125cc

I have just purchased the Tubliss Gen 2 system and would like to fit them to a brand new biken (250) with Mich Comp tyres and rim locks fitted at the factory. Tubliss say that you should fit to new (not previously fitted) tyres as they may leak where the rim locks have made an impression on the inner bead.
I am going to use slime as well as back up for small punctures.

Has anyone done this with reasonable success?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Post subject: Re: Fitting Tubliss Gen 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 pm 
650 cc Monster

Yes its done all the time.
Usually it seals fine but sometimes you may need to use slime or I use Stans no tubes and that has always worked.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm 
300 cc

As long as the bead hasn’t been deformed by tyre levers or the rim lock you should be ok. Belt and braces would be to use slime sealer to ensure if there is a gap it’s sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:30 pm 
125cc

As said before its done lots of times ,
what I've found from personal experience its the removal of the tyre where damage can occur the best method I have found is to use lots of wd 40 or equivalent around the bead , the tyre just slips of easy and re-fits with no leaks ,
however I would also take the advice of the previous posters to your thread and put in the recommended sealant .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:06 pm 
125cc

Thanks guys for the reassurance. I have also been in contact with Jeff at Nuetech, Tubliss, who answered all of my queries almost instantly. Even today, Saturday. Received the Tubliss yesterday, the bike next month and I will be fitting them. Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:18 pm 
80 cc

I bought my Freeride in 2014, I took the OEM Trailmaxx off to fit TUBliss and refitted them I used Slime as the tyre lube and put Slime into the tyre.
I've replaced both tyres since, re-fitted the TUBliss, with Slime in the tyre, running 7-9psi without any issues what so ever.

Other riders have asked me if there's enough pressure in the actual tyre to make the Slime effective, i.e does it have the pressure to push the Slime into the tyre puncture?
also, if using a 'Dog-turd' type tyre repair for a larger nail in the tyre type puncture, will the Slime affect the adhesive I would use to glue the turd in?

Fortunately in 3+ years, I've not had to find out, unless the Slime has dealt with holes in the tyre without me knowing.

Good luck with yours, don't get the tyre levers near the red high pressure bladder when installing,and you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:42 pm 
125cc

Tribey wrote:
I bought my Freeride in 2014, I took the OEM Trailmaxx off to fit TUBliss and refitted them I used Slime as the tyre lube and put Slime into the tyre.
I've replaced both tyres since, re-fitted the TUBliss, with Slime in the tyre, running 7-9psi without any issues what so ever.

Other riders have asked me if there's enough pressure in the actual tyre to make the Slime effective, i.e does it have the pressure to push the Slime into the tyre puncture?
also, if using a 'Dog-turd' type tyre repair for a larger nail in the tyre type puncture, will the Slime affect the adhesive I would use to glue the turd in?

Fortunately in 3+ years, I've not had to find out, unless the Slime has dealt with holes in the tyre without me knowing.

Good luck with yours, don't get the tyre levers near the red high pressure bladder when installing,and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the comments.
If you have a puncture so that air escapes, then surely if there is a layer of slime between the inner surface of the tyre and the air, then it has to push the slime through with it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm 
125cc

I wouldn't worry about slime failing, before I put it in,
I got a nail through rear tyre and still rode all day bike handled fine, tubliss works :D
Husky Steve wrote:
Tribey wrote:

Thanks for the comments.
If you have a puncture so that air escapes, then surely if there is a layer of slime between the inner surface of the tyre and the air, then it has to push the slime through with it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]