TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New boots
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm 
50 cc

Evening,

So i'm in the market for a new set of boots. Ideally they'll be quite versatile for GLing and MX.

In terms of a budget - £250ish. I like the Crossfire 2 SRS but for the amount i'm riding it's too much. I was recently recommended MSR VXIIR Boots. thoughts?

Look forward to your recommendations and reasons.

Adrian

Post subject: Re: New boots
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 am 
80 cc

Check out the forma terrain tx - hinged ankle, welted (stitched) sole - very good protection and comfort depending on your foot shape as they're generously wide and very good value. Alpinestars Tech 7 enduro are also very good but hqbe a molded sole, it's up to you. I ride in crossfire TA2 and love them but had these forma terrain tx prior and they're very close in terms of fit and protection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 am 
80 cc

In fact, looks like these guys have the terrain tx on sale for 179.

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/boots/ ... 0,1000&p=1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:25 pm 
80 cc

Have a look at Alpine Stars tech 1's or 3's. They are under £200 and I find them very comfortable indeed, good protection and nicely put together.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 pm 
80 cc

I'm thinking more of an adventure style boot, so considering: Gaerne Trials boots, Alpinestars Corozal, Forma Adventure, or maybe Forma Terra.

The Ox Drove: Image

There is nothing at the end of any road better than may be found beside it. Edward Thomas (1878 - 1917)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm 
80 cc

I use the corozal for road commuting, super comfy and waterproof but I would never ever take them off-road. The others you mentioned; forma adventure have zero ankle protection, the terra only slightly more protective...if you don't want to ride in an off-road boot, stick to alpine stars toucan or Sidi adventure but neither are in your price range. What's keeping you from wearing proper off-road boots, you worried about weight? Walking around comfortably? Those Teraain TX aren't as heavy as the crossfire SrS you mentioned and they have a hinged ankle which while providing great protection with its plastic, the hinge enables easy and natural walking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:19 pm 
80 cc

Who're you talking to, me or the OP? For my part, I am also considering the Alpinestars Toucan and the Sidi Adventure 2, but wonder whether they're over the top for the sort of riding I will be doing. Ie: gentle ambles along quite moderate trails (UURs and Byways). At the moment I'm wearing Stylmartin Legend RS, so good for weather resistance, but not much else!

The Ox Drove: Image

There is nothing at the end of any road better than may be found beside it. Edward Thomas (1878 - 1917)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 pm 
650 cc Monster

Tech7's comfy as feck,protected to feck...apart from water....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:58 pm 
50 cc

So

Forma Terra or Alpine 7's?

A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:34 pm 
50 cc

These seem to get good reviews.

For motox, enduro and road? https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/boots/ ... ts_-_black

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next