TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Travel insurance for bike tour
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:11 pm 
125cc

Fear not cee-b, I admit that I was a tad hacked off trying to organise freight out to India plus securing travel insurance. In the event I found decent travel cover from Holidaysafe (one of the companies recommended) after a little online and over-phone discussions. So not too bad an experience.
But the bureaucracy employed by our Indian brethren beggars belief (I blame the Brits!). An extremely competent and experienced logistics director at the company I work for, simply couldn't force a way through the minefield presented to him to arrange for my freight (personal motorbike gear) into country. I've now resorted to Plan C - I've booked excess baggage on the flights to and within India. At least I SHOULD travel with my gear! Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 am 
300 cc

TimRB wrote:
Fear not cee-b, I admit that I was a tad hacked off trying to organise freight out to India plus securing travel insurance. In the event I found decent travel cover from Holidaysafe (one of the companies recommended) after a little online and over-phone discussions. So not too bad an experience.
But the bureaucracy employed by our Indian brethren beggars belief (I blame the Brits!). An extremely competent and experienced logistics director at the company I work for, simply couldn't force a way through the minefield presented to him to arrange for my freight (personal motorbike gear) into country. I've now resorted to Plan C - I've booked excess baggage on the flights to and within India. At least I SHOULD travel with my gear! Wish me luck.
Have a good trip Tim, you blithering idiot. Stick to Wales if you want to go abroad - even if Wales may be a bit cooler....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 pm 
125cc

Thank you Michael. We really must get together for a ride on my return. All bikes SORNed so feeling sorry for myself! Better than feeling sorry for you though mucker!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:06 pm 
125cc

Thank you Michael. We really must get together for a ride on my return. All bikes SORNed so feeling sorry for myself! Better than feeling sorry for you though mucker!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:42 am 
300 cc

You are coming back then Tim?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 am 
300 cc

Ido hope so, I am missing your usual novellas of our TRF meetings, not to mention the mild abuse that you normally send my way. +1 on the wales thing, tis exactly the same with a different language, better tea and public transport and no cider.
Just stay safe and have fun...was gonna say avoid Debenhams insurance 'cos they were the crowd who were totally useless after my stunt riding last year.....
Keep safe and well my friend. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2