TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Yes - another Garmin map question :)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:46 am 
80 cc

I've got a Garmin Montana 600 and when I moved to the UK this past August, I bought a Garmin discover pro (I think that's what it's called) map on an SD card from an eBay seller in Germany - this came recommended by a few local guys who have bought the same...I'm guessing a "cracked / hacked" version of the £300 Garmin map. I installed it and it is being read by my Montana but when I use it, the image on my screen looks as though it's a high detail, low resolution image rather than a map. I've also downloaded the UK TET tracks which I have confirmed have been transferred to my Garmin (via base camp) and for so,e reason, I cannot bring up the tracks via "track manager" - my gut is telling me that either I've got some setting incorrect and / or this map card I bought is just rubbish. Any ideas or suggestions - please?

I don't need my Montana for street turn by turn directions, I only use it for actual laning / off road riding but would like to load and ride routes / tracks (and yes, I have my Montana set for off road mode).

Thanks in advance from a simple minded idiot :)

Post subject: Re: Yes - another Garmin map question :)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:00 pm 
300 cc

Have you set the track to "show on map" in the individual track settings?? If you can see "Hide on map" you have!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:46 pm 
80 cc

AlwynMike wrote:
Have you set the track to "show on map" in the individual track settings?? If you can see "Hide on map" you have!

When I go to track manager and bring up the track I want, I can see "show on map" but when I press it, nothing happens and this is the same with all the other buttons on that screen like "view map", etc...this has never happened to me before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 pm 
300 cc

I'm away from my Garmin at the moment but I'm pretty sure that when you hit Show on Map it changes to Hide on Map. You can view map from there but note that it will show you where you are, not the area of the track, which is a royal pain if your track is many miles away. Lots of scrolling.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]