TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Main fuse blowing, is it a voltage regultor?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 am 
80 cc

I think the fluctuating voltage may be red herring as it only happens after the fuse has blown, it must be the trail tech which has a positive feed from the lead to the ignition picking up a fluctuating v which isn't the same problem.

I have checked the earths and wiring for shorts as best I can, I will retplace and check through to the rear light. Probably disconnect it all first and see how if the problem occur.

Just before the problem I took it to have the front suspension softened (250 front forks) and the guy did a lot of hard pumping on the front end to check the full movement of the shock,which could have affected the wiring. The wires from the junction to the brake lever look a bit frayed near the lever end but that would only cause the brake light to come on as long as it's not touching metal.

Thanks for all your input which has been very helpful, it would appear to be an earth problem which some of you have said all along.

Away for a few days so back to working on it next week.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6