TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Is that it?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:00 pm 
400 cc

2 Yams wrote:
smokinrider wrote:

Stop stirring it up. Why did you even feel the need to post this?

Probably because he has an opinion of his own, and expects the right to express it, just as you do.

Cheers Rod..............somehow I think my TRF benefits have been eroded in the last 5 years

Now we only have 50% of a forum, too :o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:04 pm 
200 cc

Does that mean 50% of what you post actually gets to stay on the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:06 pm 
400 cc

Gooders wrote:
Does that mean 50% of what you post actually gets to stay on the forum.

Aha, you have a point there too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:48 pm 
300 cc

johnnyboxer wrote:
I can join the ACU, for a Trials permit for £10 which is a photocard and enter as many trials as I like for the year

I get insurance and a bi-monthly colour magazine too, for my tenner

I can then join a local club for a tenner, then ride all their events which costs £10-£15/event for 4-5 hours of pure riding fun

Not really sure what the TRF is actually adding to my life at present

I'm sure I can remember reading in the mists of time that the TRF was not about riding per se but more about the politics of defending what we have got and are currently losing hand over fist so it seems. As Johnny Boxer says above, the riding out side seems to be well catered for with the local clubs, ACU etc, (not that they cater for quads)
In my opinion, the TRF is about the fighting behind the scenes to keep the lanes and the network of people who are trying to do just that (but for that to work they must be able to communicate, perhaps covertly, so hence the problems and censure on this site and woeful communication generally), riding is almost a secondary bonus but conversely is the main tool in keeping the network alive...
As ROW member for Hereford TRF I have met some very knowledgeable people but accessing that knowledge is very difficult especially when people don't/won't/can't use modern IT (it does mean more sitting in pubs talking probably with a laptop handy...which is lovely, but not the most practical given modern life pressures or geography)
Gotta wonder what the ramblers get for their membership? Probably a very glossy magazine? :?:
Hey ho..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:48 pm 
300 cc

I miss Trail,I liked getting a membership card and sticker, this forum is 8 years old and is a lesser forum than it was when launched all those years ago I know all this stuff cost money but it was the glue that held the TRF together nowadays it feels like its made up of a disparate groups who just seem to paddle their own way.With all this No expense spent of the last few years we must be getting ready to move our account Coutts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 pm 
650 cc Monster

Some of the rot took hold when the groups started using email and faceache to communicate and that ripped the riding heart out of the TRF.

Get the new forum going with permanent log-in and immediate photo loading from any source and then there is no excuse not to use it...although one will be found.

I posted up a trip to Wales and a training day in the Sussex Group section and not only do we have Sussex guys but also 2/3 from Herts joining us, which is a great situation where we actually get together and mix, not stay isolated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:47 pm 
400 cc

tonylacey wrote:
I miss Trail,I liked getting a membership card and sticker, this forum is 8 years old and is a lesser forum than it was when launched all those years ago I know all this stuff cost money but it was the glue that held the TRF together nowadays it feels like its made up of a disparate groups who just seem to paddle their own way.

With all this No expense spent of the last few years we must be getting ready to move our account Coutts.

Spot on, I agree with all this you have said

This may well be my last TRF year, for a few reasons

I'll keep a trail bike, just to bob out on a few lanes though, alone or with a few mates every so often

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:42 pm 
300 cc

tonylacey wrote:
I miss Trail,I liked getting a membership card and sticker, this forum is 8 years old and is a lesser forum than it was when launched all those years ago

Agree about this forum, it is pretty archaic and disparate but tis all we have at moment...hey, Hereford TRF haven't even got a page!!
To be a true 'fellowship' we probably need some place where all members can plan away from the public but that planning involves maps & images and the ability to annotate them 'cos of what we do.
It worked for this lot....

In fact most of our pub meetings look like that. Note the token quad rider sate down back right. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:10 pm 
125cc

[quote="DS650" Note the token quad rider sate down back right. 8-)[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:07 pm 
80 cc

it more like they are waiting for the new forum :oops:

"I have Duct Tape, Zip Ties . Let's ride"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2