TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: KTM EXC 300 2T - Air filter mod?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:59 am 
80 cc

Having experienced drowning my EXC 300 during the Hundred House run in June, was wondering has anyone modified the air box to help keep/delay the water during water crossings? or any other tips to keep out the water (obvious is don't go in it and stall)

Thanks

Mark

Post subject: Re: KTM EXC 300 2T - Air filter mod?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 pm 
80 cc

RTV silicone gasket sealant around all air box vacuum edges would help' along with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kjd_eDu8Es

Post subject: Re: KTM EXC 300 2T - Air filter mod?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm 
300 cc

The only problem with sealing the airbox around the edges is when full of water it doesn't drain as quick causing more issues than it solves.
I have a little bit of rubber from an old innertube attached to the bottom vent so when in water it claps up and seals the bottom but as soon as your out the water it fall open again allowing any water in it to drain away.

I'll post a pic when I get home.

Also try and keep the airbox clean so if it takes a lung full it's just water rather than water and mud.

My only other tip is when in deep water keep throttle constant slipping the clutch to control speed, rather than blipping it or grabbing a hand full.

Attachments:
IMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG [ 389.64 KiB | Viewed 4921 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]