TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: WANTED Kelly bag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:18 pm 
650 cc Monster

I get all my tools, a bike pump, and a normal front tube in the Kriega 5.Dont see the point in having a spare tube that's HD, as its emergency stuff, not really convinced about HD tubes full stop.... Coming up to my fourth year, and only one puncture ever( first month)....ha,ha...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:09 am 
80 cc

Arrived today, pretty quick I think as he posted it Thursday.

Even better he put it down as a gift and value $30 so no charges :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:13 pm 
650 cc Monster

Engine case separator tool ? A plastic mallet ?...don't forget the ring compression tool...or fingers as they are otherwise known...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:51 am 
125cc

I've always wanted a Kelly bag too but sadly Hermès no longer produce them. Not sure I'd take it out on my trail bike though..... ;)

Kawasaki ER6n
Yamaha Serow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:02 am 
650 cc Monster

Steve McQueen wrote:
Yup' :lol: i always use fingers & struggle sliding the jug over 2nd ring, 1 thing i learnt was it's much easier to keep the piston lined up properly while crank rod's at Bottom dead center where the rod can't descend further.

Or ..put two bits of wood under the piston to hold it higher for more 'fiddle room'...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 pm 
80 cc

Steve McQueen wrote:
Steve McQueen wrote:
Considering the Kelly Enduro leather rear fender tool bag in black when i can afford it after renewing this year's annual insurance/mot/tax etc.. i'll dig up this thread & upload a few pics when it arrives in a few months or so' watch this space...
Not quite gone to plan' need to reduce weight inside the Kriega R25 backpack, the Kelly's overall storage capacity doesn't look that much higher than the Acerbis I already have. The 2 stroke measuring bottle adds too much tall bulk to that, so i have decided on the larger Wolfman Enduro Tool Bag, it's also cheaper & uses a Velcro base so the pack can be removed when needed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiyPdJRLAI8

Haven't bought it yet because http://s19.postimg.org/728rxw34j/DSC_0038_1.jpg LH crank bearing's worn & found a little too much side to side play on drive sprocket - secondary gear shaft needs replacing, so just blew the whole sodding lot on engine case separator tool, seal pick set, oil/water seal kit, gasket set, crank, bearings, gudgeon pin clips, piston rings etc.. thank god it isn't a 4 stroke :lol:

I've used the Wolfman bags front and rear for 3 or 4 years now - fantastic kit. I'd highly recommend them.

Punctures - a few.....

HD tubes - the way to go in the wheels. I then carry a lightweight spare.

This is the one I use on the front with tube, tyre levers and puncture repair kit in:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolfman-Motor ... SwmLlX85Fk

I carry a can of sealant - I know opinions are mixed but I've used it twice with a 50% hit rate. The rear sealed and held up for 200 miles over two days in rocky Devon. :D

Stuart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm 
80 cc

Well the front fender bag has a tube in it and three co2 inflation cartridges and valve.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:18 pm 
650 cc Monster

Kreiga...fit the best, forget about it...and the rest..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:34 pm 
650 cc Monster

Also,use a cut section of an old innertube to put your tools in...stops them puncturing the bag, and when it gets wet it won't disintergrate like a tool roll will.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2