TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Road Maintenance
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:42 am 
80 cc

I'm feeling this subject is probably deserving of a complete new area on the forum as the roads themselves seem very poorly done to considering their importance to us. At the moment the only area the roads themselves have is regarding the legality of riding them, but there's no point in being legal if they are impassable or dangerous and we should really be picking up problems and dealing with them before they get to that state. I ride quite a lot out of area and particularly was out with Manchester in mid-Wales last weekend where the route included one lane so over grown that you could have walked down it faster, for sure no-one had used it this year and in a couple more the hundreds of branches we just about swept aside will be too big if nothing is done. Another tailed off into what appeared to be an ancient road with banks on either side but full of trees at least 20 years old. We gave up on that one. Somewhere in the Wye Valley there is a lane that ends with popping out of a half metre deep eroded hole straight onto a tarmac road by a blind bend - the potential for serious injury is obvious. I've also been down some badly overgrown lanes in Devon and Herefordshire, and others with massive erosion problems. Judging by the recent magazine articles there is some appetite for self help where the need is extremely obvious on a popular lane so I'm thinking an area on here where anyone could report a problem and groups could monitor for anything in their area and then use it to organise rectification might be a good thing, particularly for lanes they don't tend to ride themselves, which most of the above seem to be, except the Wye Valley one.
What does everyone think, would it be useful to have a dedicated road maintenance reporting/fixing area? I'd suggest it should be on the public area so that anyone can see the good works done.

Post subject: Re: Road Maintenance
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm 
80 cc

We have an area like this on the Devon Group TRF forum and it works quite well.

Post subject: Re: Road Maintenance
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:59 pm 
125cc

we also have something similar on dorset trf forum "lanes that require clearing"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]