TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trailtech settings
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm 
80 cc

Hi all I'm running a trailtech vapour on a CRF 230,my first time out today and both warning lights came on.They did when I purchased it and I think it was due to an oil leak and it was standing still.The settings are at default but it is a bit disconcerting when they both come on.
What I believe it is though is that the settings are not suitable for an aircooled motor @ 90C & 110C,can anybody advise more suitable settings...TBH it's an aircooled bike does it need temperature guages(something else to worry about)...but it's there so I'd like it to be right......any help or advice gratefully received..

Post subject: Trailtech settings
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:58 am 
650 cc Monster

On a crf230 all you need to do is check the oil level for the warning you have described

Give me a call if you need help with this as the manual is less than clear. 07721480000

If your oil is good the issue is with the trail tech. I had one on one of my 230 but don't think the temp sensors were connected. I found it way too fiddly for my use of a 230 and ignored it completely. Best of without in my opinion. If you want a speedo - a disposable £5 cycle computer will do the job fine at less cost and weight

If you are doing roadbooks you need something less fiddly and easier to zero than a trailtech

By the way - an oil change needs no filters - uses less than £5 of quality oil (casttrol Evo) and takes 5 mins. Do it if the oil is less than slightly spotless or over 6 mths old.

Wash and oil the air filter ( keep a spare to use when your old one is drying)

Whilst at it - change the plug for the iridium version

If you do those three - you have nailed the engine service in a few minutes.

I have never needed to adjust the valves but would happily pay a mechanic a few quid to do it for me.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Post subject: Re: Trailtech settings
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:29 am 
80 cc

Thanks very much Mario I got the CRF by the way... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:03 am 
650 cc Monster

Look forward to seeing you out on it

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:57 pm 
50 cc

mudplug wrote:
Hi all I'm running a trailtech vapour on a CRF 230,my first time out today and both warning lights came on.They did when I purchased it and I think it was due to an oil leak and it was standing still.The settings are at default but it is a bit disconcerting when they both come on.
What I believe it is though is that the settings are not suitable for an aircooled motor @ 90C & 110C,can anybody advise more suitable settings...TBH it's an aircooled bike does it need temperature guages(something else to worry about)...but it's there so I'd like it to be right......any help or advice gratefully received..

I'm the Trail Tech guy. I spoke to someone earlier in the week who had this problem, not sure if it was you though.

The warning lights are used for RPM (think of them as shift lights) unless the temperature exceeds your pre programmed settings - then the light stay on.

The temperature settings will vary depending on where you have the sensor fitted (it should never be connected to the exhaust stud). The thing to do is figure out the temperature the bike runs at on a normal day, on a normal ride and then set the warnings accordingly. You're right, the default setting is for water cooled sensors. If the problem persists you need to do a Master Reset to put the software back to factory settings and then start again - you will need to contact me (through the web site) for the instructions on how to do that.

Someone mentioned route card use. For that application the Trail Tech Striker with remote switch works best. The screen can be set to display the trip only and it can be incremented and decremented and zero'd from the remote button. The Striker is road legal and has all the normal speed, distance, clock, hour and temperature readings. It also has a Volt meter which is useful on some bikes. If the wheel size setting is done correctly the Trail Tech instruments are pretty much 100% accurate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:07 am 
80 cc

ukaf wrote:
mudplug wrote:

I'm the Trail Tech guy. I spoke to someone earlier in the week who had this problem, not sure if it was you though.

The warning lights are used for RPM (think of them as shift lights) unless the temperature exceeds your pre programmed settings - then the light stay on.

The temperature settings will vary depending on where you have the sensor fitted (it should never be connected to the exhaust stud). The thing to do is figure out the temperature the bike runs at on a normal day, on a normal ride and then set the warnings accordingly. You're right, the default setting is for water cooled sensors. If the problem persists you need to do a Master Reset to put the software back to factory settings and then start again - you will need to contact me (through the web site) for the instructions on how to do that.

Someone mentioned route card use. For that application the Trail Tech Striker with remote switch works best. The screen can be set to display the trip only and it can be incremented and decremented and zero'd from the remote button. The Striker is road legal and has all the normal speed, distance, clock, hour and temperature readings. It also has a Volt meter which is useful on some bikes. If the wheel size setting is done correctly the Trail Tech instruments are pretty much 100% accurate.

Yes it was me,thanks for your help.The lights worry me less now and I will get them set correctly eventually,I can't believe the previous owner rode with these illuminated so I'm guessing they were reset to factory at some point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]