TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: XR 250 bolt conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:12 pm 
125cc

Hello, I've had all my xr 250 bolts zinc plated and I can't figure out which ones go where. Could any one with an xr measure a few bolts please. I'm after the length of the 2 bolts that hold on the front brake caliper, the length of the bolts that hold the handle bars down and lastly the length of the bolts that go in the triple clamps that hold the forks. I'm guessing the top ones are different to the lower ones.

Thanks in advance Joe.

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: XR 250 bolt conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:25 pm 
400 cc

I can sense the "Where do I plug the wires that come from the.." questions coming next :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the "I took this off when I dismantled the bike,and can't for the life of me figure out where it came from or what it is.."
Wish I had marked everything when I took the bloody thing apart..... :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :? :? :? :shock:

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:49 pm 
200 cc

If you're not sure what bolt goes where the simplest way is to screw the bolt in lightly until it bottoms out, then offer up the part against the gap under the bottomed out bolt. If it's too long or short then it should be obvious and swap it out with another one until you get it right.

It's just a process of elimination really.

Hope that helps?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:03 pm 
200 cc

use a parts diagram web site to help - bolt position and dimensions are sometimes listed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:57 pm 
125cc

Thanks for the replies. I'm using the process of elimination technique. Getting there slowly.

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:06 pm 
125cc

If you use this online schematic Joe, you can see the size and the length of the bolts.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-xr250r-1999- ... ml#results

This is a great tool for bolts if you need to know thread pitch, length and size....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolt-size-and ... XQ56ZSDKaZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

I have a number of thread measurement tools but the ProBolt item you suggested looked good, so I ordered one.

Great value for money, a really useful little simple tool and excellent service, ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was delivered this morning, plus free p&p :D

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:23 pm 
125cc

Hugh Cleary wrote:
Greetings,

I have a number of thread measurement tools but the ProBolt item you suggested looked good, so I ordered one.

Great value for money, a really useful little simple tool and excellent service, ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was delivered this morning, plus free p&p :D

TTFN

Hugh.

Where's the 'thumbs up' smiley :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]