TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: One way system?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:30 pm 
80 cc

Just out of interest, I was wondering how popular one way byways are in the UK?
Iv'e used the experimental one way byways IOM, the locals + infrastructure seam to make the system work. Is this the future of some lanes you know of??

Post subject: Re: One way system?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:27 pm 

Don't really see the point in a one way byway though? What's the purpose of it in the IOM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:38 pm 
80 cc

Not got a clue, at a guess noise. One of them is on a steep, rocky incline @ Ramsey. Youtube shows lots of bike stuck. So if all traffic is down hill, all keeps moving?? But that's a guess.
Anyway, the byway stayed open due the the one way system. I don't see the point in it too, but its options, rather than slapping a pointless TRO.
That's why I ask is it the future for some lanes, just to stay open.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 pm 

Its a good idea I guess if it saves a byway. I do get sick and tired of local authoirties ruining the heritage of this country by TRO'ing byways.

But to be fair in Kent this day and age they have this permit system which they tend to sway towards. Although it should be a last resort. It does seem to work well in Kent and reduce the crime rate and keep the lane open. That's what I feel needs to happen for MR200 AND MR209. A TRO doesn't stop people who don't care riding it anyway. They will continue. But us decent members of the public that have never done anything wrong shouldn't be punished. that's unfair.

I fell there needs to be a review of TRO'ed byways as it seems years ago they were just handed out like confetti as this permit system wasn't available. Its available now so a review needs to be done. Why not?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:26 pm 
650 cc Monster

I've got an idea Butser Hill in West Sussex or beyond might be one way to stop it getting gridlocked.
But, as in many things, I'm probably wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:17 pm 
80 cc

The permit system works good, but its not fool proof. I've noticed less illegal usage off the byways and fly tipping, it still happens though. In my opinion, all users of a permitted byway should have a permit, the idea of this from KCC is to control who & how its being used. All the time the horse friendly gates are there, illegal usage will happen. That's only my opinion. Bigger gates will eliminate illegal usage with less need to have patrols of police.

I feel the permit system would be are best chance to save MR200 & MR209 if the TRO paper work turns up. A review is best but can only be done with a copy of the order, which I truly believe does no exist.

Bare with me... (this is only hear say)
Some one said that the origins of the 1960s order was because of (mud on the road) on to Hatham green lane, well a one way system would resolve the problem, if KCC would not agree to a permit system.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:35 pm 

Yes. That was the reason from what I heard also. Mud on the road.... :lol: its actually laughable. because I believe that would not happen today. Mud on a road is the least of the councils worries...Most farmer entrances to fields have mud on the road around our area.

Once the public enquiry is out the way on AE429 Chilham at the end off this month we shall be trying to make progress on MR200 and MR209

Our AGM is 8th Dec @ the castle inn, Eynsford. You should pop down mate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:46 pm 
80 cc

Yeah, when AE429 is sorted, there might be some more support. Every sort of authority & archive show that there was never a permanent order in place. I just don't have the knowledge n know how of PROW. Just a google search and will power.

Ok i,ll see what i can do.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]