TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Halfords Oil
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:22 pm 

Probably been covered before. £29 for 5 litres... Seems decent oil... Does anyone use it?

Post subject: Re: Halfords Oil
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:09 pm 
80 cc

A fuel rep at my work let slip once that Halford own oil come out the same pump as Castrol oil. So its good stuff! Ive Used Halford gear oil in my old 2stroke years ago.
As long as the JASO numbers match what you need on the back of the tin, all's good.

Last edited by pezr46 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:16 pm 

I wanted to stick some in my DRZ. Couldn't find any Jaso numbers on the bottle just said API SL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:24 pm 
80 cc

Yeah, same thing really, its the quality of oil. I still use Halford own 10w40 in other road bike i have, or total.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Total-Quartz- ... Sw9N1V1zgW

Use fully synthetic in the enduro tho.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:11 pm 
125cc

KentWR wrote:
I wanted to stick some in my DRZ. Couldn't find any Jaso numbers on the bottle just said API SL

use it in my drz...have done for last year or so...no problems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 pm 

Do u put 1.8L in your drz with a filter change?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:29 pm 
200 cc

pezr46 wrote:
A fuel rep at my work let slip once that Halford own oil come out the same pump as Castor oil.

Same as Castor oil - bloody 'ell look at this:

History of Using Castor Oil to Induce Labor.
It is not known when the practice of using castor oil to induce labor first started, but it is believed that the Ancient Egyptians could have been using it as early as 4000BC. Although there are many natural ways to induce labor, very few compounds are as effective as castor oil. Doctors and midwives have been recommending taking castor oil as one of the best natural methods to induce labor for centuries.

I'm not sure I'd want that going on when I'm out on the trail - especially given the size of some of the bellies in the TRF; it'd probably be twins :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 am 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

Just a suggestion, that if your engine is under warranty or in the year following that you use the proprietary oil as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, if not then you will be unlikely to make a warranty claim. Following an 'engine' or similar failure the manufacturers will test a sample of the oil and if it is not theirs then the claim will be rejected :idea:

After the first period of use you can use what you want :roll: but there is always a caveat :shock: Some oils will react with the other metals of the crankcase for example and can cause problems particularly with clutch drag even though the mechanical parts are fully in tact. I know this from personal experience :?

TTFN

Hugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]