TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help in the quest for trails
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:38 pm 
50 cc

Hello fellow TRFers,

My names Jack - I'm looking to team up with riders in the peak district/ south yorkshire area. I'm currently riding a Wr250f with good experience riding bikes.

I've only been on the road 6 months now and haven't really found much on my own. I hate the thought of using the wrong lanes and pissing people off so thought it best to contact the legit fellowship of trail riders in search for some advice for green laning. I see apps, I see maps but I don't see the lanes.

Any help with my quest for outings would be greatly appreciated.

J

Post subject: Re: Help in the quest for trails
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:31 pm 
300 cc

a lot of the roads we use are Unclassified County Roads(ucr) and can be found on Ordinance survey maps listed as Other Rights of Public Access(ORPA)
on the Landranger series they are red dots
explorer series green dots.Other routes may be down as BYWAYS OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC(BOAT).
Watch out for Traffic Regulation Orders(TRO) which suspend right of vehichular passage usually due to damage or dangerous machinery operating in the area(usually forestry)

Attachments:
File comment: fremington edge on a ktm 1190r
P1010309resize.jpg
P1010309resize.jpg [ 248.38 KiB | Viewed 4504 times ]

Post subject: Re: Help in the quest for trails
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 am 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Jack,

Might I suggest that you join your local Group/s as they will show you the lanes, alternatively watch this Forum as rides are posted here and open to anybody.

The Manchester Group (plus others) posts up all of its rides with an open invitation, first come first served by contacting our ride coordinator AlanH. We ask that riders follow the TRF Code of Conduct and obey the instructions from the run leader. The first ride is free but if you want to keep riding with us then we ask that you join us and donate £10 to the Group fund.

Nick also posts up a ride, virtually every month, for the Peak district, and they are open to all too with a request that a nominal donation is made to the TRF Fighting Fund.

Hope these comments help you and any other reader looking for similar information.

TTFN

Hugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]