TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Picos De Europa
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:10 pm 
50 cc

Hi, Anyone help with some info. My partner and I are going on a bit of a touring holiday in Northern spain and then maybe on to the Serra de Estrella. I'm looking for do-able tracks two up on a GS in the Picos or elswhere near by. I've got a map and some info from the rough guide that suggests a track between Espinama and Sotres, and was wondering if this is passable on a big bike two up and also if it is a legal right of way. any help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: Picos De Europa
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 pm 
300 cc

Hi Jazzbo
i have ridden the area 2 up on a TT600 and found most of the tracks passable if it is dry the GS should not be too much the track you mention is the bulls back and i think it may be closed as a lot of the valley had been designated National Park and as such most off road vehicular activity rendered illegal, however i think the track from Beges to Sotres is still a goer and very good with it, the Taverner in sotres serves a very good fresh orange juice.Current maps and more up to date info can been found in Potes

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for the info Slarty. I can't find Beges on the map I have or on Google earth, any tips on locating it.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:21 pm 
80 cc

Back issue of TBM (this year I think) has report on a rideout in the Picos. Might be worth poking around on that forum for more info

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:36 am 
50 cc

Domsday wrote:
Back issue of TBM (this year I think) has report on a rideout in the Picos. Might be worth poking around on that forum for more info

Thanks I have copies of TBM and I think i can remember the article but when i went searching through the copies I couldn't find it, anyone got any ideas as to the issue number?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]