TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Husaberg 390
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:07 am 
200 cc

Joel wrote:
I have a Swiss watch... It has been back for repairs more times than I can remember... My bike is a Honda.... I vote for a change in this mis-noma to... It's as reliable as a Honda !

Joel,
Real sorry buddy - as you know, I had a 250X - same as yours. Difference was that mine was not reliable at all! In fact, that's why I got rid of it for a FI bike. Can we stick to 'swiss watch'?

Happy to go with 'as Red as a Honda owners face' (when they have kicked it over several hundred times) :D

Derek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:46 pm 
80 cc

Thanks to all who answered, I am on with the issue. I have a Swiss watch and a Honda the watch is super the Honda a bear to start which is why it's for sale ! I refuse to join the masses and buy a KTM. Bergs are great bikes the technology on the 70 degree engine is brilliant shame KTM wrote them off.
Ride safe and Often

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:34 pm 
200 cc

Fastpig wrote:
Thanks to all who answered, I am on with the issue. I have a Swiss watch and a Honda the watch is super the Honda a bear to start which is why it's for sale ! I refuse to join the masses and buy a KTM. Bergs are great bikes the technology on the 70 degree engine is brilliant shame KTM wrote them off.
Ride safe and Often

Please let us know how you get on - we are of a similar mindset regarding the orange crowd. Blue is the colour!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 pm 
80 cc

There are no FI messages, going to fit a new plug and cap, then move on to the filters. Would like a workshop manual before I start digging around to replace them as one of the filters is so tiny. Thanks again to all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 pm 
200 cc

Go on the forum "unofficial husaberg"

Lots of info, support and you should find some manuals for download

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 pm 
650 cc Monster

The best way to clean the injector is by using a sonic bath. Aldi sold one quite cheaply and it is sufficient for your needs, Maplin sell a sonic cleaner fluid which is good for the job or simply warm soapy water such as bio washing powder. There are excellent professional cleaners such as ASNU but they are very expensive. If you use the Aldi unit repeat the time setting, at least four cycles, to really give it a chance to work. You should see what look like very tiny grains of sand in the holding tank after cleaning. Spray the injector with WD40 or similar after drying.

The injector can be 'held' open simply by connecting a 9v battery across the terminals.

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:51 am 
200 cc

Fastpig wrote:
There are no FI messages, going to fit a new plug and cap, then move on to the filters. Would like a workshop manual before I start digging around to replace them as one of the filters is so tiny. Thanks again to all.

The filters are real small, but easy to remove and clean (be very gentle when cleaning).

The injector is the same unit as fitted on the KTM350 and I think the 690. It can be cleaned by opening the injector with a 9V batt and flushing with carb cleaner and compressed air. look it up on youtube.

Typical symptoms of filters blocking are rough tick-over and 'bogging' on throttle - not your issue at all.

Fuel pump - you should be able to hear this working - give the starter a quick push (not enough to actually start the thing). You should here the pump working for a few seconds after the starter stops.

When changing the plug, I found it best to loosen the RH radiator and work a long reach socket through the gap (between Rad and Frame) and onto the plug. The plug has a long thread and mine was quite tight for the first couple of turns. I probably would not have managed with the tool kit plug spanner.

I have used AMS4KTM and Trevor Pope for spares - not problems getting the bits and they are often cheaper than fleebay parts. Another good source of technical help is the husaberg forum (as mentioned earlier). Taffy, on the forum runs a shop in the east somewhere. He is happy to have a chat and give advice where he can - look up Taffmeisters.

Workshop manual - they come on a CD and can't be copied. Found it great for suspension settings and wiring diagrams, but not a lot of good for diagnostic work or adjusting engine (valve shims etc). Found the husaberg forum a better source. Happy to print some pages from the manual if you want (to a file) and email them over - but not the whole lot as life is too short!

Good luck
Derek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:37 pm 
125cc

Joel wrote:
I have a Swiss watch... It has been back for repairs more times than I can remember... My bike is a Honda.... I vote for a change in this mis-noma to... It's as reliable as a Honda !

Some people just wont learn............................................

Bob m

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:03 pm 
300 cc

Fastpig wrote:

I got this off the Leisure Trail Website.
Hope it helps with the fuel filter.

Steve

Attachments:
EFi Service recommendations for EFI models.pdf [712.36 KiB]
Downloaded 330 times

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2