TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Husaberg 390
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:32 pm 
80 cc

Wondered if any members have dealings with Husaberg 390's? 2011 model and the first time I took it out it's let me down. Rode from Wakefield to Pately Bridge ran like a Swiss watch then some moderate trails still fine slow speed naddgery stuff (nowt too difficult as I didn't fall off) bike cut out as if it had run out of fuel Took a while to start and ran then stopped a few times. More road work bike was fine slow speed stuff bike just cut out and then flattened the battery. A push from a friend ! Third gear mild gradient bike fired up rode 80 miles on the road back to running like a Swiss watch and it's awesome. So why is it cutting out I have suggestions of fuel filter issues fuel pump issues £280 !!!!!!!!! Over heating fit a fan ???? Please help

Post subject: Re: Husaberg 390
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:35 pm 
400 cc

Sell it and buy a Yamaha ;)

2 Yams

Rod Jackson

DON'T BE A MARIONETTE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm 
200 cc

Fueling problem.
Strip and clean the system; make sure all filters are clean/replaced, and try it again. If still not right, get the injector cleaned.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:08 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

I understand that the exhaust runs very close and below the petrol tank and in some instances this can cause the petrol to get quite warm, which intern can cause the impeller inside the pump to expand, which compounds the problem with possible pump failure :roll:

Another possible problem might be the small ball in the fuel filler breather which can get stuck and cause a partial vacuum again resulting in petrol starvation. If it is similar to those fitted to Gas Gas then fit an extra length breather pipe and remove the ball.

There is a replaceable filter in both the tank and the inlet of the injector, check out with a KTM dealer who should be able to advise further as I think that the injector filter was modified.

You might look to heat insulate the underside of the tank by fitting a pad such as you will find under Triumph road bike petrol tanks :idea:

Check out this video link too; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFU3JCkIYS8

Make sure that you really do recharge the battery, preferably with a charger such as an Optimate 6 model, and leave it on charge for at least 12 hours. I have an additional lead permanently wired into the battery and my bike stays on charge permanently when in the garage.

Hope these ideas help, please let us know how you get on.

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:15 pm 
400 cc

Lifted this from ABR

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902781

DON'T BE A MARIONETTE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:47 pm 
650 cc Monster

Plug cap breaking down.

Intermittent and worse when hot.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:29 pm 
200 cc

I had one, they are excellent and very reliable.

Fuel pump issues were mainly in the USA if I remember correctly - thought was that the petrol their created problems I think. Not many issues in UK with them.

Spark plug cap very likely issue, common on KTM and Husabergs.

Make sure you have the correct battery and it is in good condition!!

Midwest in Melksham are a top dealer and best source of parts and information on 390's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 pm 
300 cc

Fastpig wrote:
Wondered if any members have dealings with Husaberg 390's? 2011 model and the first time I took it out it's let me down. Rode from Wakefield to Pately Bridge ran like a Swiss watch then some moderate trails still fine slow speed naddgery stuff (nowt too difficult as I didn't fall off) bike cut out as if it had run out of fuel Took a while to start and ran then stopped a few times. More road work bike was fine slow speed stuff bike just cut out and then flattened the battery. A push from a friend ! Third gear mild gradient bike fired up rode 80 miles on the road back to running like a Swiss watch and it's awesome. So why is it cutting out I have suggestions of fuel filter issues fuel pump issues £280 !!!!!!!!! Over heating fit a fan ???? Please help

Are you getting any flash codes on the amber FI light?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 pm 
200 cc

Mmmmm. I have the same bike. Only problem I have ever had were with the switch gear. The AU model has a cut-out switch on the Throttle side of handlebars. This had water in it and caused the bike to cut out. Replaced switch. All ok
They do run hot, especially in tight going. I'd be inclined to look at spark plug cap or associated wiring ( the looms run really tight). Does not sound fuel related, as this would likely go tits up and stay that way, even after cooling down.
Real sorry you are having issues. Mine has been a fantastic ride. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 pm 
650 cc Monster

I have a Swiss watch... It has been back for repairs more times than I can remember... My bike is a Honda.... I vote for a change in this mis-noma to... It's as reliable as a Honda !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next