TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Small rimmed googles for smaller helmet opening
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:32 am 
80 cc

Hi, I'm using a Shoei Hornet DS Helmet with Oakley Crossbow Goggles, which are meant to fit - and do just. Unfortunately, I have found that as they are very tight in the helmet opening the slightest vibration on the trail means they are pushed down and I end up looking at the floor. Not good.

I am happy with the helmet - preferring to have a visor for road work (getting to the trails), so would prefer not to go for a full MX style.

Whilst I know people use safety glasses etc my preference (without trying! :o ) is for goggles, for the added side protection, but I can't seem to find any ones that have thin rims. Does anyone have any ideas or perhaps a more street option might work?
Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Small rimmed googles for smaller helmet opening
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:43 am 
650 cc Monster

Cycling glasses offer good side protection.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

Post subject: Re: Small rimmed googles for smaller helmet opening
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:58 pm 
300 cc

try these available army surplus or online
Attachment:
goggles.jpg
goggles.jpg [ 42.48 KiB | Viewed 3298 times ]
Attachment:
goggles.jpg
goggles.jpg [ 42.48 KiB | Viewed 3298 times ]

Manufacturers blurb
Now on issue to British Forces around the world - experience the revolution in functional military eye protection. Equipped with the patented Adjustable Ventilation System (AVS™) technology, the Advancer V-12™'s ballistic lenses open and close to regulate ventilation and filtration. For the first time ever, a goggle can adapt to its environment with a simple click of the lenses, increasing or decreasing airflow on the move. The Advancer V-12’s 2.8mm polycarbonate high-impact lenses provide the ability to quickly adapt to any light condition. All Advancer™ lenses provide 100% UVA/UVB Protection. Also features patented SideWinder™ Strap Outriggers which pivot forward to position the strap for maximum compatibility with helmets and to ensure that the goggle seals comfortably on the face, with or without a helmet.
This 2-Lens kit includes Advancer V-12™ goggle with interchangeable clear & smoke gray lenses, a protective Lens Pod™, an anti-reflective SpeedSleeve™ (black) and a protective V-12™ Hard Case. Size: fully adjustable one size fits all. Weight: 264g (complete kit). Colour: black.
Specifications
Size/Capacity:
2.8 mm Lens
Colour:
Black
Weight:
264g (Complete)
Nato Stock Number (NSN):
4240-01-544-6902

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]