TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Green Laning near Cambridge
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:08 am 
50 cc

I haven't ridden on the road for 15 years following big accident. Used to ride sports bikes. Currently living on outskirts of Cambridge and thinking of getting a bike, mainly for riding into and around town. Common sense (and most people) telling me to get a scooter like a Honda PCX. Have tried one and it was good in a white goods sort of way. However I crave a proper bike. Tried a CFR 250L and really liked it.

If I go for the CFR then I would like to try some green laning. But - a big but - I don't know anything about it!! When I used to ride I did have a go on a trials bike (I think run by Geoff Moyes?) near the A11 on the way to Norwich. Any other off road experience has been involuntary (ahem).

Is it easy to find lanes to ride near Cambridge? Is there a club? Do they welcome complete beginners? Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Green Laning near Cambridge
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:33 am 
650 cc Monster

Yes, yes and yes.

Buy the bike, join the TRF, and get involved with the Cambridgeshire Group. Your life will never be the same again (in a good way).

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:37 pm 
650 cc Monster

Hi welcome from Cambridge TRF.

There is enough Greenlaning in and around Cambridge for you to go out everyday for a week and not do the lane twice.

beginners are welcome, we are very patient and more than willing to help you get started.

We meet on the First Thursday of the Month at The Seven Wives, Ramsey Road, St ives at 8.00 for 8.30 start. Next meeting on the 5th Feb.

BE CAREFUL. we are planning to move venue and March's meeting may be at a different place, date. So in the first place send me an email or give me a call on the number below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:46 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for the responses!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]