TRF Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: WR250F idle/reving problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:43 pm 
200 cc

Bushwhacker wrote:
:roll: Not to be funny but why are you even messing about with jetting on a standard WR? what are you trying to acheive because the standard pipes always run best with standard WR jetting weather it be 450 or 250.

If you want a pipe that gives some increased performace and sounds nice then you should of bought a DEP S7 full system as this is the only pipe that works with stock Yamaha Jetting and gives a very good result No popping or banging excellent from the bottom up. Trust me Ive tried and tested it myself.

Ive also tested leo vince and FMF pipes they all need jetting to suit the DEP S7 doesn't as the WR 250 07-09 comes jetted rich as standard

Just out of interest ( and not that I want one) Is this DEP S7 system street legal and modest in noise? Or is it offending regularly, in a village near you ? :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm 
80 cc

the reason i got the bike set up on the dyno initially was due to bogging bottom end when it was ran on the dyno it was only making 24bhp which was quite low should at least 30bhp the bikewas also running very rich so thats why i started on the long road down the rejetting front. bike is now making 30+bhp with no more than a simple re-jet dont want to put loud exhausts on for trail riding not worth annoying the locals.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm 
80 cc

I'm pleased to say the bike is now sorted I took it to my local off road bike shop who had the problem sorted in a day in the end it just needed a seal replacement kit for the carb running a treat now! Big thanks to Nick at endurotek Hartlepool for the fast,excellent service!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm 
80 cc

good news, problems like that can be so anoying to trace :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 pm 

Mudfreak wrote:
Bushwhacker wrote:
:roll: Not to be funny but why are you even messing about with jetting on a standard WR? what are you trying to acheive because the standard pipes always run best with standard WR jetting weather it be 450 or 250.

If you want a pipe that gives some increased performace and sounds nice then you should of bought a DEP S7 full system as this is the only pipe that works with stock Yamaha Jetting and gives a very good result No popping or banging excellent from the bottom up. Trust me Ive tried and tested it myself.

Ive also tested leo vince and FMF pipes they all need jetting to suit the DEP S7 doesn't as the WR 250 07-09 comes jetted rich as standard

Just out of interest ( and not that I want one) Is this DEP S7 system street legal and modest in noise? Or is it offending regularly, in a village near you ? :)

THe DEP S7 is 94db which is FIM approved it doesn't say on the pipe if it's road legal or not. But sound wise it gives a nice deep
noise not a loud deffaning noise. It makes the bike sound a bit more fruity. Plus you always keep your original if u need to swap it over ever. The standard pipe is very restricted they like to breathe a bit more

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3