TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: DRZ mileage
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 pm 
125cc

Gonna be picking up my 07 drz 400e this sunday and riding it back home from yorkshire. Its over 100 miles back to my house, gonna be coming up the A19. Looks like its got the stock 10 litre tank and probably the stock sprockets. What mileage can i expect to get out of the tank? probably ride about 65-70 mph depending on the revs at that speed.

Thanks
David

Post subject: Re: DRZ mileage
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm 
I thought the stock tank was 12l....

Thats aaside, I would expect you get home albeit on fumes!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm 
125cc

I got 129 miles to reserve from my 400E with the SM wheels on, I filled up with 8.21 litres.

I make that 71mpg. ;)

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193795

If it has the stock gearing 65-70 mph with be thrashing it a bit & the vibration from the knobblies will soon tire you out. (no pun intended).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 pm 
125cc

ok thanks, im not in a rush to get back and will hopefully be a bit warmer going slower :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 am 
400 cc

I agree that 65-70 mph is a bit high for cruising, 60 mph is more realistic.

My DRZ400E is also on standard gearing and although it will go quite a bick quicker than that the problem over distance is the vibes. They become very intrusive at higher speeds and certain bits of your anatomy can go worryingly numb after a while (and I'm not just talking about your fingers and toes if you know what I mean). Having to stand up and "massage" the life back into your :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: as you ride is not only highly embarassing but it's a distraction to oncoming traffic :lol:

As for milage, I've never done a hundred miles on a tank full but I've done over eighty and was no where near empty (or even reserve) so I'm sure that kind of distance is possible. DRZs do seem to be remarkably fuel efficient compared to other enduro bikes.

Cheers

Richard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:12 pm 

You deffantly ain't going to be able to feel your a**e when you get home!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm 
125cc

You were right about that,

stuck to about 60mph sometimes going a bit faster to overtake and to vary the revs a bit. Had to pull over to warm my hands up a few times (and give my ass a rest :lol: )

Weird riding with knobbly tires on road for the first time, thought the steering head bearings were gone at first :roll:

Need to sort out the brake switch, light is staying on, then get it MOT'd then its ready to ride and hopefully be out soon.

Its got an FMF exhaust on, cant remember the model which is deep but not ridiculously loud, have to see what people think of it when they hear it, got the standard exhaust system with it too so changing it back is not a problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]