TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Green Road Treasure Hunt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:56 pm 
125cc

Over the August bank holiday weekend I would like to organise a Green Road Treasure hunt to raise money for UNICEF and the Haiti appeal, as I imagine by August much of the donations will have dried up after it is no longer headline news.

My question is would I need insurance to cover this event?? to cover myself if anyone gets injured etc. or due the fact that the event will take place only on legal byways and roads will a disclaimer on the entry form do??

also any body who has organised something similar any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Green Road Treasure Hunt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:39 pm 
200 cc

Fantastic Mister Fox wrote:
Over the August bank holiday weekend I would like to organise a Green Road Treasure hunt to raise money for UNICEF and the Haiti appeal, as I imagine by August much of the donations will have dried up after it is no longer headline news.

My question is would I need insurance to cover this event?? to cover myself if anyone gets injured etc. or due the fact that the event will take place only on legal byways and roads will a disclaimer on the entry form do??

also any body who has organised something similar any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks

I think having the rest of those normal people on the treasure hunt lining up to smack whoever is trying to sue you in the mouth might suffice?

Honestly the mind boggles these days, what a sad world we live in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm 
80 cc

Sven wrote:

Honestly the mind boggles these days, what a sad world we live in.

Your not kidding mate I might just be grumpy old fart at 43 but I can remember the days when everyone took responsibility for themselves and accidents were just accidents. I would love to get those “claim“ adverts banned from the telly………Oh, they don’t call them the good old days for nothing………..sorry for high jacking the thread but it’s a nightmare for anybody thinking of organising an event involving others these days!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:47 am 
Hi FMF
I have a teasure hunt organised in South Devon and came up with the following info.
If you organise it as a scatter event ie no defined route with the finish time being the only penalty time you can run as many bikes as you want. If on the other hand you have a defined route you are restricted to 12 machines, any more and you will need a permit which I believe is from the ACU in which case you would need to be affiliated. Insurance as far as I can see is just checking that each rider/pillion has road traffic act cover for the type of event, ie treasure hunts are not excluded (although I beleive that means from TPF&T or Fully Comp). A disclaimer should take care of this at signing on. As for organisers insurance speak to our/your secretary and ask for details of the public liability insurance.

Which just leaves one question..... when's signing on?
Good luck with it and don't underestimate the amount of time it will take to plan it all.
Cheers Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 pm 
125cc

The plan was a scattered set of clues so that will help to ensure maximum participation.

So a disclaimer should ensure my liability is reduced.

As soon as I have a venue to host the event I will post sign up details on here, I'm hoping to get a local rugby club to host so there will be a bar and entertainment in the evening as well as camping for those that want it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]