TRF Forums

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: To 2T or not
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 pm 
50 cc

Hi to all

My name is Alan and 44, i bought an old RMX250 Smoker last year, and have upgrading tidying it up, can't get 2T's out of my blood rode them AMCA MX as a kid and suppose still a kid.

What are your views of riding the trails against the 4 bangers, not been on any runs as not a full member yet, i know the 2t not so good on road sections but to be honest didn't buy it to ride on road that much, i also don't know how much road riding you do normally on a run compared to green lane / trails.

I hope to get a reply or two cash restricted my choice on bike but to be honest it's way faster than i am thanks in advance Alan.

Post subject: Re: To 2T or not
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58 pm 
80 cc

Your rmx will be more than ok! just go and enjoy it !

Last edited by hondacrm250 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 pm 
200 cc

Hi Alan know what you mean about 2 bangers being in the blood. Purchaced an EXC 200 recently for the same reason as yourself. Im in my late fortys but still can't wait to get out there and give it a go. Sick of being stuck between these four walls with a foot of snow outside.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 pm 
50 cc

Gooders wrote:
Hi Alan know what you mean about 2 bangers being in the blood. Purchaced an EXC 200 recently for the same reason as yourself. Im in my late fortys but still can't wait to get out there and give it a go. Sick of being stuck between these four walls with a foot of snow outside.

Tell me about it Driving Instructor , worked about 10hrs in last 4wks, RMX has had electrical fault since mid december, so not been able to ride at all, still waiting for pulse coil but Royal Mail on slow go, would have loved to get KTM200, son has a 125SX blast to ride and feather weight, got all the gear and a little idea just need to get buzzin.

Got a buddy who i am trying to convert to trail, advised him to try a WR250F around 2004 era, he's no good with spanners just like's to put petrol in and ride...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 pm 
125cc

Hi Alan,

I gotta 2T for trail riding and it's great, others will tell you other wise but it's absolutely fine.

Good advice to your mate - WR is such a easy but great bike.

Where abouts in the country are you?

Best of luck with the spannering,

Steve

'92 Honda XR 250 for green lane grins
'98 Honda VTR Firestorm for tarmac grins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 pm 
50 cc

Hi Steve

I live in the East Midlands, Mansfield or thereabout's, spoilt for choice i have East Midlands TRF, and Derbyshire/ south Yorkshire TRF, contacted EMTRF i might pop down next month and see them but D-SY/ TRF are a lot closer so will go there too.

I did the MX as a lad, got a bit too old and FAT for speed related activities unless sat down that is, but still crave for my first love "BIKES" i found myself being an ADI doing the correct legal place to ride thing, and to be honest it's hard to find somewhere that is legal, lots of common land, but can't go there :( , so TRF i hope will be the light at the end of the tunnel.

My business has gone potty since x-mas, so it ends up me working 7 days a week but being a sole trader i will try not to turn work away when it's available, unless i ends up going out with the TRF on Sundays ;) , my pal has had a brain storm he's gona buy a rust bucket like me to see if he like's it first, he's found a tidy CRM250 on Flea-bay, think he will be ok on it, he is a little short in the leg so might be better than WR, will see he changes his mind more times than anyone i know,

Alan..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]