TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tyre Choice WR250F
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:26 pm 
50 cc

Hi All.

I have been reviewing as much info about tyres as possible as the original Dunlop tyre on my WR250F has worn out. I like the sound (and price) of the Mitas C02 tyres but can only find a 120/90 x 18 wheras the dunlop was a 130/90 x 18. Does anyone have any experience of the 120/90 Mitas on a WR250?

I have also read somehere that the Mitas tyres are a bit scary on the road. Is that the case

Kevin

PS apologies but this is also posted at the end of another thread

Post subject: Re: Tyre Choice WR250F
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:22 pm 
125cc

Hi mate, i run a mitas co2 120/90 18 and a mitchelin cross ac10 on the front on my wr250f,
i,ve never had any problems so thats what i,v been stayin with! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm 
80 cc

Hi
I have just fitted a Mitas C02 to my KTM250 excf.
I am very impressed with it in mud but not so on rocks (probably due to my ability as well).
Some older guys out with me run Pirrelli Trials tyres on very low pressure and seemed to get grip in a consistent direction all the time. Thier throttle control was probably a big factor.
Dr Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:59 am 
80 cc

i've run co2's for years,good grip in mud,rocks etc and last 3-4 times longer than fim enduro tyres i've used so good value for money.i've averaged around 1,600 miles on a rear compared to 4-500 on mich comp3's before they're no good in the soft stuff.the c19 or ef06 fronts aren't to bad either but the wear rate is that similar to any other available fronts

only problem you may encounter is due to the high aspect ratio you may find that the tyre comes into contact with the shock protector,worth bearing in mind if your chain is relatively new/unstretched.i usually run an extra link to compensate.

i do find them a little sketchy on damp roads when brand new but a hundred miles or so and they're no worse than any othr knobbly imo.the only other thing i can say about them is they do'nt like being ridden on when you have a puncture,i've had a couple of them where the side wall has broken up when i've ridden with a flat just to get me the last few miles home or back to the van so a repair is req(it was just me being lazy! ;) )

hope this helps

Steve

VIRTUAL PEAKS TRF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:10 pm 
50 cc

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I should go for it, after all what is the worst that can happen :o

Kevin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]