TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: QD brake pin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:51 pm 

In TBM this month there was a news item on a KTM offer relating to new bikes. It was a box of goodies containing various trick bits and bobs. One of the goodies was a "QD brake pin". I quite like the sound of this, though not so much I'd buy a new KTM to get one ;-)
So, question: where do you get aftermarket "QD brake pins"? I've googled for it but not turned anything up. Anyone got a pic of one they could link to, I'm just sort of guessing its what I think it is.

BTW anyone seen an '09 reg bike? I haven't.

Post subject: Re: QD brake pin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:50 pm 
400 cc

Yep I've seen one - it's in my garage!

I have just bought a KTM 400EXC with that "box of goodies" you mentioned (sump guard, Akropovic silencer, brake pad retaining pins, fork bleeders, front axle pull and factory graphics - although the graphics are out of stock and will follow!)

I'm off out tomorrow (on road) to try to get the fist couple of hours on the clock ready for the oil change service - 3 hours before a service!!!!

Post subject: Re: QD brake pin
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:02 pm 
200 cc

I have a QD clip on my '04 450 but do prefer to only use this with some safety wire so as to secure it in place. If i'm doing pads then I would have cutters on hand together with safety wire pliars to secure the clip back in place.
If you go to the KTM website then look up the hard parts section it is listed there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]