TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: husaberg 400fe
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:07 pm 
50 cc

hello thinking of buying a husaberg 400 are they any good ,any advive on them what about servicing i hope there not like ktm every 50 hrs major strip down any help would be appreciated b4 i part with my hard earned

Post subject: Re: husaberg 400fe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 am 

What year Berg we talking about here?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:52 am 
50 cc

hello mate its an 03

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:40 pm 
300 cc

if you dont mind the left hand, forward operating stupid kick start , and the unreliability side , they are a mentle unmanagablle bike ! :lol:

1955 ajs 350 single scrambler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
50 cc

thanks for that mate am having second thoughts now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:40 pm 
400 cc

I have a CCM 404 ds for sale if you are interested :D

www.ManchesterTRF.com
www.FozardProperties.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 pm 

I would have second thoughts if I were you Mick. That sort of year have a reputation of being unreliable and the engine prone to not lasting very long. And they are very highly strung. So maintance and a top end refrsh every so often will be needed I am afraid.

My thoughts....

"It could end in tears"

The new bergs are meant to be very nice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:24 am 
80 cc

Hi Mike,

Jim here. I had a Berg 400 FE on a 53 plate which was a dream to have. I went from a XR 250 kick start to her and what a fantastic bike. I bought it new from NTB in York and had it for 3 years and leart to ride on it. It started first time every time and the only problem i had was with the lights but my new Husky has lost it lights also. Nothing that could'nt be mended with a screw driver and some electric no how. The main problem with the Berg's was the electric start. I was advised to always take the starter cover off on the right hand side of the engine after power washing and to dry it out with a cloth then spray with WD40and put back together. 3 alam key screws a 5 min job. My mate had a 501 Berg and he was crap with cleaning it and towards the end of 2 years had nothing but problems with trying to start it were i did not. As a bike they are great and a lot cheaper than KTm's. you can still get parts for them and if you ring NTB in York they sometimes have some good Bergs in second hand.

In Summer we put super moto wheels on them and gave thenm some real hammer so you can try and kill them but you'll struggle. I think the old reliability comes down to poor maintenance as i had no problems and would still have it today if it wasn't for the Wedding.

Not sure of the new ones yet as i went to Husky as NTB started stocking them and i got it at a good price. I know 2 years ago when the old range of FE were being changed to the new i did have a 450 FE on order but the dealer let me down. Hence the Husky.

Bergs, Good bikes for good money.

Hope this helps

Jim ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:14 pm 
650 cc Monster

andymac wrote:
if you dont mind the left hand, forward operating stupid kick start , and the unreliability side , they are a mentle unmanagablle bike ! :lol:

I don't think that that's a Berg!

The Berg & KTM share a lot of engine technology, and (probably) maintenance schedules.

If you talk nicely to your KTM dealer, he may be ableto get you a new old stock Berg (vertical engine) for second-hand money.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]