TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trail riding novice has a question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:25 am 
200 cc

I am a new member to the TRF and i live in Leigh, Lancashire.

I have been 'green laning' twice before, once last feb and again last Sunday when i tagged along with a friend who's been at it for years and a couple of other mates (1 novice and 1 fairly new). We started/finished in horton in ribblesdale near Settle.

I wanted to do this 'laning' responsibly and decided to join your fellowship, so on Saturday 14th Nov i joined online and paid my £50. Debbie emailed me on Sunday and i almost immediately gained full forum access which i was pleased about

My question is this....

Why do you then have to wait a week before the membership details are sent out and then by post?

Until the postman delivers next week (if i'm lucky!!!) i can't get access to the members area on the virtual peaks site or trailwise, couldn't the registration number be sent with the email?

Frustrated from leigh :?

Post subject: Re: Trail riding novice has a question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:44 am 
125cc

Welcome Scotsy, raring to go eh?

While you are waiting, check out the Lancashire TRF group forum and maybe come along to a meeting some time?

http://lancashiretrf.free-forums.org/

Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 am 

scotsy wrote:
I wanted to do this 'laning' responsibly and decided to join your fellowship, so on Saturday 14th Nov i joined online and paid my £50. Debbie emailed me on Sunday and i almost immediately gained full forum access which i was pleased about

My question is this....

Why do you then have to wait a week before the membership details are sent out and then by post?

Until the postman delivers next week (if i'm lucky!!!) i can't get access to the members area on the virtual peaks site or trailwise, couldn't the registration number be sent with the email?

Frustrated from leigh :?

I wish a lot more trail riders were as keen you are :D

I understand your frustration, but the TRF is staffed by volunteers and does not have any full-time employees, so there will be occasional delays while the system catches up. You're not losing out much in the meantime as your status is registered on the system and there are still plenty of lanes to ride (sadly not as many as before, but that is one of the reasons why we pay for the TRF fighting fund) so stop worrying and get some of the locals like Tony to show you around ;)

You can access Trailwise right now, but just not with the same amount of information in each request. Debbie is actually the person who will provide you with the info for enhanced Trailwise access - normally you need to send her your name, postcode and membership number and she will send you the details to upgrade your Trailwise access: if you email her with your request, she may well be able to sort the Trailwise upgrade while you're waiting for the postie because she will know your membership number once it's set up.

I'm afraid that access to Virtual Peaks isn't a central TRF resource, so I can't comment about the timescales. You'll have to take that up with them directly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 pm 
400 cc

Leigh is not too far from our group too.
Check out http://www.ManchesterTRF.com

Our rides and meetings are in Stockport area.
We have a few members who travel from Bolton too.

Have fun what ever group you join.
See you out on the trails soon :D

www.ManchesterTRF.com
www.FozardProperties.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:54 pm 
200 cc

I asked Debbie if she could forward the details on by email and she has done so already, many thanks debbie :D

no longer 'frustrated from leigh' :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]