TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Northern Spain Picos de Europa & Redes Park areas.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:57 pm 
50 cc

Hi
Has anybody got up to date knowledge of where you can still trailride or contacts.
Have tried ATG for a guide wants 195 euros for 1 day using my bike!!
Will be there 19th Sept -Oct

Post subject: Re: Northern Spain Picos de Europa & Redes Park areas.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm 
The Picos and Redes Parks are mostly out of bounds to trail riding. If you check your latest Trail mag you'll see a report on some guides from just South West of Santander that come highly reccomended.
If you're going it alone it's worth checking where the National Parks are and marking up your map/gps so that you don't accidentally stray in to them. They are well sign posted but but it's possible to find yourself in one by mistake.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Good luck with the trip, Rob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

Free maps of spain:

http://centrodedescargas.cnig.es/Centro ... /index.jsp

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:46 am 
50 cc

Many thanks for link ,I assume you ride Spain,but if you want a ride round Berwyns ,NE Wales in future keep in touch hasta vista

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:50 am 
650 cc Monster

juan wrote:
Many thanks for link ,I assume you ride Spain,but if you want a ride round Berwyns ,NE Wales in future keep in touch hasta vista

Ta :D

Never ridden Spain. Got a week off in October and toying with idea of getting ferry to Santander and riding to Dieppe crossing.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 am 
50 cc

I be returning back to Santander ferry for 21st Oct but will probably up a day or 2 before.
I am going out next week car +KTM350 EXCf but I keep a KTM 690Enduro on Spanish plate down in Alicante.there are a couple of classic moto events in Santander ,Moto Piston rally is 1 during 2nd week of Oct

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 am 
jonpaul1st wrote:
juan wrote:

Never ridden Spain. Got a week off in October and toying with idea of getting ferry to Santander and riding to Dieppe crossing.

Have you thought about the LD lines route Portsmouth/Le Havre riding across France and then on the St Nazair/Gijon crossing before heading back to Dieppe?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:51 am 
650 cc Monster

snafu21 wrote:
jonpaul1st wrote:
juan wrote:

Have you thought about the LD lines route Portsmouth/Le Havre riding across France and then on the St Nazair/Gijon crossing before heading back to Dieppe?

Yep - looks a good route.

From Santander I'd head East then up to Switzerland to visit family.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 pm 
650 cc Monster

more on spain here: http://thespanishbiker.wordpress.com/ro ... nal-parks/

Mainland Spain only has 8 national parks covering a tiny amount of the country. Motorised access is only allowed on designated roads.

There are also natural parks - I guess these are similar to our AONB's. Riding here is managed with proportional restrictions as justified.

There are no restrictions on access aside from this. There is a statutuory protection of freedom of movement for all in motorised vehicles.

Kinda puts things in perspective when looking at argument to ban trailbiking in uk national parks which cover 11% of England and Wales with a barely viable network outside of them!

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 pm 
300 cc

Is there another reason for all the trail holiday companies being on the costa Del sol other than it being the go to place for holidays generally?

I was out with dust devils again today and don't get it. They are quiet three months of the year due to heat and banning of narrow trails. It is quite hot in other seasons and the trails are actually tediously rocky. He said even in December they are dusty, rocky and unforgiving. This is the fourth time I have done a trail ride here with three different companies, admittedly in 40 degrees (although I spent five years in Thailand and enjoyed the riding there) and it is just not that good.

I would look north in future if easy to sort out

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]