TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: What Tyres and Tubes are best?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:55 am 
200 cc

Hi,

I'm new to trial riding and I'm interested to know what are
the best tyres to use, nobblys or trial type?
I have Michelin AC10's fitted to my bike are they any good?
Also do you use heavy duty tubes? and
have you ever used any punchure sealant?

Thanks Duncan

I hope you won't mind Duncan, I've moved this topic to Trail Riding Talk instead of The Bar.....Moderator

Post subject: Re: What tyres and tubes are best
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:24 pm 
400 cc

Hi Duncan, trail riding (not trials) is very hard on the tyres and tubes so heavy duty tubes would be advisable. The enduro / motocross tyres like AC10's are great in the mud but not so good on rocky lanes where trials tyres are better. Unfortunately trials tyres can clog up quickly where the ground is muddy so there isn't really a one tyre fits all solution. Trials tyres inflict less damage on the terrain and are fine for most scenarios but you should stick to an enduro type for the front wheel.

Mag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:39 am 
80 cc

I'd agree with Mag on that - depends what the predominant type of lane you ride is - in Cornwall we tend to go for a trials pattern rear (MT43 style) and whatever knobbly floats your boat on the front (I go for the cheapest reasonable one possible thats road legal). There are some muddy lanes here but you are really thankful for a trials pattern on wet cornish slate!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:12 am 
125cc

I use Mitas front and rear, they are a reasonable multi purpose tyre, very cheap and last for ages (I'd say at least twice as long as "proper" tyres). We sell them through the club at £35 for a rear and £29 for a front.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:58 pm 
50 cc

John wrote:
I use Mitas front and rear, they are a reasonable multi purpose tyre, very cheap and last for ages (I'd say at least twice as long as "proper" tyres). We sell them through the club at £35 for a rear and £29 for a front.

Can you send some to the Kent TRF lol , £35.00 for a rear is great ! Is that for a Co2 as thats what Im going for next.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm 
125cc

mightymart wrote:
John wrote:

Can you send some to the Kent TRF lol , £35.00 for a rear is great ! Is that for a Co2 as thats what Im going for next.

I'm sure we could put you in touch with our supplier if you want? They are CO2's and we are making just over a pound per tyre for the club at £35. I think we're only getting that price because we buy in bulk though.

Post subject: Re: What Tyres and Tubes are best?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
50 cc

Thats really good because the cheapest I could find was £40 from Wulfsport & £7.95 postage, BUT that £7.95 postage was the same for either 1 or 10 !.
Im not quite ready for new tires but if you can put me in touch with your suppilers that would be great. I will also bring it up at the next meeting & maybe do the bulk order to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 pm 
125cc

mightymart wrote:
Thats really good because the cheapest I could find was £40 from Wulfsport & £7.95 postage, BUT that £7.95 postage was the same for either 1 or 10 !.
Im not quite ready for new tires but if you can put me in touch with your suppilers that would be great. I will also bring it up at the next meeting & maybe do the bulk order to.

I think our supplier is WulfSport too!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:52 pm 
50 cc

Hi All.

I have just been reviewing as much info on tyres as possible as the original Dunlop tyre on my WR250F has worn out. I like the sound (and price) of the Mitas C02 tyres but can only find a 120/90 x 18 wheras the dunlop was a 130/90 x 18. Does anyone have any experience of the 120/90 Mitas on a WR250?

I have also read somehere that the Mitas tyres a a bit scary on the road. Is that the case

Kevin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]