TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trail Adventure 2010
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 am 
80 cc

I'm planning to arrange a special trail riding adventure trip for 2010 and looking for advice and ideas.
We've done almost all of the UK, Ireland,Isle of Man, Spain and Italy and want to do something really special next year.
Not interested in too much wide open terrain or long straight gravel tracks, prefer techical, interesting & varied terrain. Quite like the look of Romania but wonder how we would find the trails.
Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome
Thanks
Barry

Post subject: Re: Trail Adventure 2010
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:33 pm 

Have you considered Morocco? I went a couple of years ago and it was absolutely fantastic, although we were on road bikes so didn't spend too much time off tarmac. However, I did go over the Atlas mountains on an unmade road, which doesn't sound too difficult, except for the fact that I was riding a VFR750 and had absolutely no offroad experience at the time :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:50 pm 
300 cc

Morocco - different country, different continent. It's worth considering; when we went we saw loads of different bikes - some just for the road, some serious enduro and everything in between (including the ubiquitous Mobylette). Moroccan people are incredibly friendly and open and it was relatively cheap to stay in hotels. We also crossed the Atlas mountains but on XT600s (womble you deserve a medal for using a VFR!) and beyond to the fringes of the desert.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm 
50 cc

Hi, Have just come back from a trail riding holiday in Romania and can't recommend it enough !, the most trail riding I have ever done in a week on the most varied terrain, this was a guided tour from Adventuromania, you can use your own bike, or like I did hire a bike off them, if you want endless trails all day long with not a fence or gate in sight check it out, the riding is tailored to your level upto expert enduro riders and based in the Carpathian Mountains there's no shortage of spectacular scenery. Check out their website
http://www.adventuromania.co.uk/
cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:16 pm 
80 cc

Thanks to everyone who posted advice.
Dave, I,ve been checking out Adventuromania and it looks great.
Just a bit worried about the choice of bikes in the package. I dont mind the WR250s but the CRF230 seems a bit small.
What did you ride over?
Barry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:55 pm 
50 cc

Hi Barry, I thought so too!... I ride a beta 450, but belive me the CRF230 is a great little bike ideal for the tricky trials type sections, and very easy ride and throw about, Steve the guide swears by them and to prove the point won the local enduro race against ktm 450's Yamaha' etc. I certainly didn't have a problem with the bike and would go for the same next year if I go back.
cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:15 pm 
80 cc

Thanks Dave.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]