TRF Forums
http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/

Beta Alp Knobblies
http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24178
Page 2 of 2

Author:  jonpaul1st [ Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

Wingle37 wrote:
Anyone out there running a Beta Alp 200 on knobblies? I’ve just bought one and it came with trials tyres. Would like to fit knobblies but want to makes sure they will fit before I buy. Cheers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Hi

I was curious as to why you would want to fit knobblies?

Have you considered a hybrid tyre?

JV

Author:  Wingle37 [ Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

Vern wrote:
Wingle37 I believe you have found the tyre now. 100/100 -18 4 ply Maxxis M7305 Maxxcross IT (59M) (E-Marked) is available.
I will find out about the gearing but I don't think it's been altered from standard.


Yes all sorted thanks, really appreciate your help

Author:  Wingle37 [ Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

jonpaul1st wrote:
Wingle37 wrote:
Anyone out there running a Beta Alp 200 on knobblies? I’ve just bought one and it came with trials tyres. Would like to fit knobblies but want to makes sure they will fit before I buy. Cheers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Hi

I was curious as to why you would want to fit knobblies?

Have you considered a hybrid tyre?

JV


Hi John,

I love the Beta on Trials tyres but they are pointless in the deep mud of Staffordshire. Just need something a bit more all round and dont think a hybrid tyre would cope as well as the Maxxcross. I will save the Trials tyres for summer.

Cheers

Sean

Author:  jonpaul1st [ Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

Wingle37 wrote:

Hi John,

I love the Beta on Trials tyres but they are pointless in the deep mud of Staffordshire. Just need something a bit more all round and dont think a hybrid tyre would cope as well as the Maxxcross. I will save the Trials tyres for summer.

Cheers

Sean


Hybrid tyre works well on deep mud, at least as well as an enduro/MX tyre, especially at trail speeds. Where you have deep mud + gradient + rocks/roots, the hybrid tyre works better than an enduro/mx tyre.

Author:  Vern [ Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

The tyre will fit OK on standard gearing.

Author:  Wingle37 [ Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

Vern wrote:
The tyre will fit OK on standard gearing.

Smashing, thanks Vern


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Author:  Wingle37 [ Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

jonpaul1st wrote:
Wingle37 wrote:

Hi John,

I love the Beta on Trials tyres but they are pointless in the deep mud of Staffordshire. Just need something a bit more all round and dont think a hybrid tyre would cope as well as the Maxxcross. I will save the Trials tyres for summer.

Cheers

Sean


Hybrid tyre works well on deep mud, at least as well as an enduro/MX tyre, especially at trail speeds. Where you have deep mud + gradient + rocks/roots, the hybrid tyre works better than an enduro/mx tyre.

Oh well, ordered the Maxxis now. Maybe think about a hybrid tyre next time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Author:  33sba [ Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta Alp Knobblies

Hybrid tyre works well on deep mud, at least as well as an enduro/MX tyre, especially at trail speeds. Where you have deep mud + gradient + rocks/roots, the hybrid tyre works better than an enduro/mx tyre.[/quote]


Hi John,

I'm the guy already running the knobblies on a Beta Alp 200. Can you tell me a bit more about hybrid tyres please?

Regards,

Paul

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/