TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sherco X Ride
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:06 pm 
650 cc Monster

Saw one of these at an LDT the other weekend.

Does anyone in the TRF have one, or any experience of one?

It looks like the nearest thing you can get today to a GasGas Pampera Mk III

It's a 290 2T

Post subject: Re: Sherco X Ride
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:51 pm 
80 cc

I have one, mainly used for ldt's, and yes it pretty much is a modern Pampera.
Any more info?
Kev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:59 pm 
650 cc Monster

What do you think of it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 pm 
80 cc

I am very pleased with it, it's a great LDT bike and a fairly competent green laner, being fairly similar in concept to the old Pampera mk3.

I bought mine around 18 months ago and have used it for ldt's, a little green laning and a trip to the Pyrenees covering over 600 miles there. Its been very reliable and is fun to ride.

Trials bike motor and suspension with trail bike chassis, 80 or so mile range, trials gearbox so 5th is an overdrive, will happily cruise at 50/55 mph and will top 70 mph.

Here is a little review of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQDsUYwQ6Qg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:32 pm 
650 cc Monster

Cheers...there was also a Montessa Honda 4 Ride: anyone got one of those?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 pm 
80 cc

Yes I have the 4Ride nice bike it's a Trials bike with a seat so if you come from a trials back ground you will like it if you are from a Mx Enduro Background you will find it a strange beast but it will Climb a Mountain with ease that you would work hard to do on a Enduro Bike and fits in well with my TTR250 and XR250

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgbeHO78RNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_fD8i_a6nI

Pug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 pm 
80 cc

Richard Simpson wrote:
Cheers...there was also a Montessa Honda 4 Ride: anyone got one of those?

Yes I also have a 4Ride and think it is fantastic. Mainly used for LDT's and a bit of greenlaning.

Being a honda engine its mega reliable and starts first kick every time (keep the throttle closed). Tank range is circa 55 miles, however I use a 1 litre MSA fuel can in the cubby hole under the seat which pushes the realistic range up to 70 miles + still enough room for tool kit. Rear wheel is tubeless (a work of art!), so just carry a front tube.

It's 85kg fuelled and has superb steering lock. Excellent quality components throughout. I am sure Kevpg won't mind me saying, the suspension is much better on the 4ride than the Xride (we ride together quite a bit). I've recently swapped out the front pipe (catalytic converter) and that has really livened the bike up even more.

The 4Ride's downsides are IMHO that the air filter involves a 30min strip down of the box beneath the seat to access. It only runs around 0.5litres of sump oil, so you don't want to be ragging it on the lanes all day long (I have another bike for that!!) and it will need changing fairly regularly. On standard gearing (best for LDT) you don't want to go over 50MPH.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 am 
650 cc Monster

Very interesting...nice to know that there are some 'left field' bikes still out there.

Meanwhile, the refurbishment of the Pampera continues...it has been standing too long!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]